The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
AdamABC
Interesting. On the Midday TOTH, they didn't do the one presenter standing one presenter format. Instead, both Sophie and Ben were at the desk for the TOTH, with the normal start- up theme being played as well. The reason for this was that the business presenter was on the catwalk instead. They should do this type of TOTH more often, like when they were at TVC.
:-(
A former member
I think you have misinterpreted the word 'interesting'.
DA
DAN09690
Interesting. On the Midday TOTH, they didn't do the one presenter standing one presenter format. Instead, both Sophie and Ben were at the desk for the TOTH, with the normal start- up theme being played as well. The reason for this was that the business presenter was on the catwalk instead. They should do this type of TOTH more often, like when they were at TVC.

They have done this several times since the move usually during a breaking story or like today when someone is using the catwalk.
AA
AdamABC
I meant it's interesting that they decided to do it in the first place. Usually, the reporter/correspondent would just sit at the desk anyway, but instead, they were on the catwalk.
AA
AdamABC

They have done this several times since the move usually during a breaking story or like today when someone is using the catwalk.

The only time I've seen them do it was today, and when they were reporting on the death of Lady Thatcher, but they didn't run the usual opening sequence I.e panning of the newsroom.
BA
bazinga

The only time I've seen them do it was today, and when they were reporting on the death of Lady Thatcher, but they didn't run the usual opening sequence I.e panning of the newsroom.

They sometimes drop the stand up presentation if a breaking news story is happening, when there was the shootings in Washington, both presenters were at the desk for the TOTH. I beleive they are both needed at the desk e.g, one preparing lines etc and the other interviewing?
correct me if i'm wrong?
SW
Steve Williams
If ever there was an example of when not to do two-ways it was tonight at ten when both James Landale and Carole Walker were reporting from Downing Street in absolutely torrential rain, which was totally distracting as well as drowning out what they were saying. It's not as if the newsroom is that far away either.
OF
oflahertya
If ever there was an example of when not to do two-ways it was tonight at ten when both James Landale and Carole Walker were reporting from Downing Street in absolutely torrential rain, which was totally distracting as well as drowning out what they were saying. It's not as if the newsroom is that far away either.

I've Walked from Broadcasting House to Downing Street in about 20 minutes Smile
SP
Steve in Pudsey
And about half that time to walk to Millbank
CH
chris

In fairness, that rain came down very suddenly. I was on the bus not far from Downing Street and it was dry one minute and soaking the next.
BA
bazinga
I'm not sure if i read it wrong, but on twitter i read that they were piloting the new business buletins this morning, was this for the news channel? are the bulletins coming back?
DA
DAN09690
I'm not sure if i read it wrong, but on twitter i read that they were piloting the new business buletins this morning, was this for the news channel? are the bulletins coming back?

From what Victoria Fritz has written on Twitter this does seem to be the case. It would be nice to see business bulletins back.

Newer posts