TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
denton
You're welcome.
JO
Jonny
Could have hidden the logo from view by using the final cyclist as an overlay.

Completely joyless.
DP
D.Page
You're welcome.

The 'oh ...until Breakfast, here's the BBC News Channel' at the end. I take it you intentionally said it in this way in order to fill time to get the duration up to 30"(!).

That dog walker and his/her dog on the other side of the lake, on the right. I wonder if that was staged or just allowed to happen as filming took place?

I also wonder if tandem cyclists (typically) really are seen riding in that Belfast park?
DE
denton
Yes, it was scripted and rehearsed that way. Ad-libs at 0140 wouldn't be a great idea.

No idea about the dog walker, however it is a very popular park.

The tandem cycling group really do ride through Victoria Park and along the Connswater Greenway.
:-(
A former member
Its that time of the month again, were we start to wonder Where else could this waste of money will take us? Maybe some people counting votes? or bee keeping?
A former member
The last two were introduced later in the month, so it may be a while yet before anything else appears. I'm sure someone will know for definite.
A former member
The last two were introduced later in the month, so it may be a while yet before anything else appears. I'm sure someone will know for definite.

Here is the thing if there now appearing later in the month then were end up with the Tennis ident appear soon then, because Wimbledon will be nearly over if there wait.
DP
D.Page
BBC1 interrupts normal scheduling, at 11.37pm last night, to bring the first reports of the London Bridge/Borough Market attack.

JO
Jonny
Well handled.
DP
D.Page
Forest used leading into the BBC News at One with mute soundtrack. Presumably, the sound of birds tweeting was deemed inappropriate.
MM
MMcG198
Forest used leading into the BBC News at One with mute soundtrack. Presumably, the sound of birds tweeting was deemed inappropriate.

Tweeting birds are deemed inappropriate now!? Jesus - yeah, way too jolly that. Impeccable judgement as always in London.

Common sense prevailed on BBC NI.
A former member
SPECIAL ident going into the concert.

Newer posts