The Newsroom

ITV News: Rotas & Presenters

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DF
DrewF
DrewF posted:
Alastair, Mark, Tom & Julie unavailable???

Yes?

My point is that it's only a Wednesday and school hols have just finished, with them all (excluding al) have a had there fair share of holidays during this time.

James Mates on the 6.30, yet Rageh doing NaT

Steve Scott should have been chosen over James Mates as cover.

And who are you to say what a "fair share" of holiday is? They might not even be on holiday, not that it matters!

You're entitled to express your opinion about a presenter, but to say one should have been chosen over the other is odd - who says the other was available? You don't know anything about the circumstances in which relief presenters are selected nor should you want/need to.

Perhaps just a reminder of this rule would be useful:

"Posts should not relate to presenter's personal life/privacy"
DV
dvboy
Julie Etchingham was in Birmingham filming for Tonight on Monday - they do do other things.

(I'm not revealing here anything she hasn't already shared herself on Twitter)
AS
Asa Admin
A quick reminder as I've just posted in the Sky thread, please keep the thread on topic and spend at least a few seconds thinking about what you're about to post.
NE
newsman1
I didn't know that Libby Wiener used to be a newsreader.

ST
South Today
She used to appear on the ITV news channel for time to time.
BA
Barney
ITV News will always have there long stint reporters/newsreaders, Al, Libby, Juliet Bremmer, Neil Connery, Sharon Thomas, Nina Nannar, Tim Ewart, Lawrence McGinty, , Faye Barker, Phillipa Tomson, Bill Neely ... there are many more, most of these have either read news on odd occasion or in Al's case, been a main presenter.

Most of us forget how long they been reporters at ITN.
ST
South Today
I don't recall Nina Nannar bulletin reading for ITN?
WE
wellandtruly25
Another Libby.. https://youtu.be/VW90WG_0G5g
BA
Barney
I don't recall Nina Nannar bulletin reading for ITN?

I'm sure she has done the odd London bulletin,

Julliet Bremmer definitely has too.
BS
Ben Shatliff
I didn't realise Lawrence Maginty had ever read the news. He was a brilliant reporter and is definitely missed. I often thought he should have had his own series about science and health.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I haven't seen this one before. I recognise the bloke doing the sport, there is also a familiar face in the report just before as well.

TVS's ITN News slide makes it looks like a drama.
:-(
A former member
The bloke doing the sport started off on the BBC in the mid 80s Wink

Newer posts