The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - new newswall

From 14 October 2013 (topic split) (October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WA
watchingtv
Not directly SkyNews but, when SkyNews switches to a break, it airs the channel's promos first rather than at the end of the break. Is this just for the General Election or a Sky decision?
:-(
A former member
Erm.. both?
ST
steveboswell

Sky staff have been issued with... er... general election socks.
BA
bilky asko
Pres enthusiasts - switch on now

The wall of constituencies looks impressive, though the sheer size of it meant a lot of camera movement.
MD
mdtauk
The socks make sense with journalists on their feet all day. I'm sure they will be changing them several times through the day and night.

Sky News using nice flat graphics is a welcome sight. I will have both Sky News and BBC News on during the night, and may dip into ITV's coverage if I feel like smirking at their low-key, populist approach.

I think we know there will be some graphical changes, and a glossy (ugly) tweak to the Logo. But I wonder if it is time to get the music tweaked or changed a bit also?

Vote 2001 on Sky News is still my favourite coverage I think. And I've been looking back at classic election presentation on TV-Ark etc. The channel changed all it's music and graphics during the campaign.

Vote 2001 Music (composer unknown)

http://hub.tv-ark.org.uk/images/news/ukelections_images/skynews_vote2001d.jpg
Image from TV-Ark
Last edited by mdtauk on 6 May 2015 1:38pm
BA
bilky asko

I preferred their 2005 coverage, solely because they still had their mad pianist theme that deserved to last much longer than it did.

Sky News using nice flat graphics is a welcome sight. I will have both Sky News and BBC News on during the night, and may dip into ITV's coverage if I feel like smirking at their low-key, populist approach.

...co-presented by Sky News alumnus Julie Etchingham.
DW
DavidWhitfield
A look at the 'default' glossier logo graphic on this computer screen: http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u457/DavidWhitfield4/SkyNewsRelaunch2015_zpsj8meinwb.png
VM
VMPhil
What's with the dislike of Sky's glossier graphics? It's nice to have something different from the BBC and ITV's flatter graphics.
JP
jpeg987
Love the studio - looks great (and a lot better than in the promo with no lights on and black screens!).
NJ
news junkie
Here are some screen caps if anyone is interested:

SK
skyviewer
There has just been another promo with Adam Boulton in the election studio which seemed to reveal an inverted ticker colour on one of the screens in the background. That means the ticker is now silverish and the clock black. This may be part of the new look we´ll se on friday.
VM
VMPhil
I'm pretty sure that's just the election ticker, with black text on a white background and the colour-lines graphic that its being used for election reports at the moment:

Newer posts