TV Home Forum

BBC Two 50th Year Presentation

90s idents return! Split from BBC Two Rebrand and Onwards (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Don't worry must viewer don't care.
JO
Jonny
See this is what happens when modern attitudes about design (which have produced some of the dourest, uninteresting, generic idents in our time) are applied to historical classics.

Agreed. The reason given undervalues the scope of moods the set was intended to encompass (which continued right through to the final additions).

Because the 2 doesn't move around the screen enough. *sigh*
MI
Michael
Can't wait for someone important to die and BBC 2 being introduced by a static....er...woodpecker?
JO
Jonny
Confident they'll have a contingency in place.

GL
Gluben
I still don't like the box in the corner, regardless of whether it says "BBC TWO" or "50 Years". It makes me long for the 1997 to 2000 days when the logo was centralised on all BBC channels, didn't vary in font or colour and was big enough to read properly!
RI
Richard
Mayabe he's thinking of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ROdSaIaGW8

I get the feeling both are not used due to the fact neither is colourful enough,

I was, yes thanks!
MK
Mr Kite
Why does the 2 have to move so much to be credible? Has our attention span gotten so bad this century? It's a nonsense qualifier to me.
NC
NC5
Jonny posted:
Confident they'll have a contingency in place.

*saves to Clarity*
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Adding something like Powder to the set would help a lot (the 2 does all of the moving, although I guess it might look ropey in HD) as something to use to go into more serious programmes. Are they using Swan into Newsnight generally?
RI
Richard
Adding something like Powder to the set would help a lot (the 2 does all of the moving, although I guess it might look ropey in HD) as something to use to go into more serious programmes. Are they using Swan into Newsnight generally?

I think they often use Paint Pot into Newsnight.

Do they have original film that they can go back to for any of these idents or was tape used for any/all of them?
Last edited by Richard on 4 October 2014 9:21am
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Even if the film exists transferring it won't be cheap. They're doing this on the cheap so I don't see that being an option.
:-(
A former member
The original ones like powder are dated though. The ones they are using are more in keeping with where the channel is right now.

Newer posts