TV Home Forum

Autumnwatch breakdown

Split from BBC Two 50th Year Presentation (October 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TI
tightrope78
Transmission breakdown on BBC2. A breakdown slide and some awful audio from the continuity announcer.

Now some music.
DA
dazza1976
Sounds like the announcer was practising (recording?) some links for later on without realising she was on live.
TI
tightrope78
Now an episode of Coast.
DA
dafydd
Was the announcer recording links for Radio 3 perchance?
BR
Brekkie
Now an episode of Coast.

I'm guessing it hadn't appeared in the schedule for a few hours and BBC2 couldn't cope!
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Back into Autumnwatch straight off the back of Coast - no handover from announcer.
IS
Inspector Sands
Was the announcer recording links for Radio 3 perchance?

Sounds like she was recording links for later on, one was for the Sign Zone (and they're not anything like the style Radio 3 uses!). I can understand her getting faded up erroneously but I'm surprised how long it took her to realise the channel's in a breakdown
DA
dafydd
DavidWhitfield and thegeek gave kudos
SN
Silver Nemesis
Poor form from the Network team IMO - far too long for someone not to realise the error, this is primetime BBC Two. Worth noting that NI pulled her sound when she started reading Sign Zone links, did their own apology, and only faded Network sound back up once the music was on air.

Meanwhile Scotland - Tony Currie by the sound of it, ever the professional - put up their own local slide and music, and gave a very thorough running explanation of the nature of the technical problems - even playing a symbol into Coast. Wales sat back and let Network embarrass themselves.
RD
RDJ
Total mess. The average viewer would not have a clue what's going on.

What is it with breakdowns on BBC Two that are just a total shambles. Lambing Live anyone?
:-(
A former member
RDJ posted:
Lambing Live anyone?

Not right now thanks, I've got things to do.
BE
benriggers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrEwjiOT9Jk

I don't know if it's me but the announcer at 4.30 sounds chuffed that there was technical problems with Autumnwatch!

Newer posts