TV Home Forum

BBC One

(May 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AC
aconnell
Does anyone know exactly when the updated BBC One idents will premiere?
JU
jumpinjack
Does anyone know exactly when the updated BBC One idents will premiere?

First one will be used into Saturday Kitchen this morning
CY
cylon6
Wait-a-sec...

Shorter versions of BBC One idents on the way?
April 01 2009

That was when the article was published on TheTVRoom+

JumpinJack posted:
Yes this is soon to be a thing of the past.....plus some musical changes may be afoot

Posted: 1st April 2009 6:17pm

Hmmm
April fools?

The sources on this site are usually very good when it comes to info because they work there. I'd believe what some of the say virtually all of the time..
:-(
A former member
That was painless! Wink
JF
JamesyFish
Ew, they're way too short! + is there any need for the element of red?
CY
cylon6
These idents really lose something when you don't see the action leading to the form up. I hope to God that they see sense and keep the longer versions as well. They've also changed the colour of the swirl to red on Hippos. Will this be the same for all of the new ones?
DB
dbl
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O923HsT8Bwk
CO
Colm
The re-cut Bikes ident was used on BBC ONE NI.
AS
Asa Admin
Col posted:
The re-cut Bikes ident was used on BBC ONE NI.

Yep, music's ruined. As I've said, I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea to have these very short versions, as long as the longer versions could have an outing every now and again. I wonder if the recent Ashes to Ashes ident will get a brutal cut?

JO
Jonny
Is this the day BBC One screws up its idents as badly as BBC Two almost did? EDIT: Looking at the Bikes ident above, the answer's yes. They've destroyed arguably the best ident.

The red circle is particularly bemusing. Doesn't look right at all.
Last edited by Jonny on 2 May 2009 10:30am
AE
aeonsource
Like with a lot of things (Windows 7 Superbar, New Facebook homepage, new youtube channels, new tf2 unlocks) I like the change when everyone else hates it. I find the change in Bikes music strange though, why have we gone from guitars to synth bells?
AB
aberdeenboy
While I agree that some beautifully directed and memorable form-up sequences have been lost, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned something much more obvious.

This is a step back towards traditional presentation... albeit not traditional BBC1 presentation.

A quick, unmistakable musical sting to grab your attention as the symbol forms... then the announcer starts speaking. Pres, just like it should be. Never again will the announcer on BBC1 speak over images which don't explicitly identify the channel or promote a programme! And never again will there be tight junctions where the ident is cut off before the logo forms up!

Judged by the result - and not how some individual idents have been recut - this is a good move.

Newer posts