TV Home Forum

New BBC One ident

Bakers incoming? (October 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
denton
I hope the Christmas idents aren't lockdown-themed...

Don't worry, they're not, and they're lovely.
GL
Gluben

Are we talking globe-style lovely?
DD
DemonDays

Lovely to hear, thank you. Smile
TH
Thistle
Christmas idents for BBC One will launch after Strictly on Sunday evening (29th).
Not lockdown themed... thank the lord.
Think... Julia
FA
fanoftv
Oh wow! So soon!
Julia ?
Julia Roberts? Julia Bradbury? Julia Goldsworthy (Former MP and shadow chief secretary to the treasury... for any members who remember her appearance on Channel 4’s ‘The Games’)
JO
Josh
Perhaps?
Brekkie, fanoftv and AxG gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Oh wow! So soon!
Julia ?
Julia Roberts? Julia Bradbury? Julia Goldsworthy (Former MP and shadow chief secretary to the treasury... for any members who remember her appearance on Channel 4’s ‘The Games’)

Julia Hartley Brewer ?
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Just a guess, but there is one Julia quite closely linked with Christmas Day on BBC One over the last decade.

JV
James Vertigan Founding member
That’ll be a Zog related ident then...
IS
Inspector Sands
There's a documentary about Julia Donaldson listed in the BBC Christmas Media Pack as well as the new Zog.

Incidently, she's a great author and her children's books are family favourites but we had the chance to meet her at a book-signing a couple of years ago and it was a total disappointment. She's very quiet and softly spoken and barely said anything
GL
Gluben
I’m still expecting a John Lewis-style film rather than a traditional ident. Forgive me for the broken record routine but I do wish BBC1 would follow BBC2’s lead and go back to a central symbol in the middle of the screen rather than a promo. Promos aren’t idents.
TI
TIGHazard
I can't even remember what was supposed to be bad about 2019?!

Those youngsters who 'haven't moved for three series' - they'll get through more than that when they are furloughed

I'm assuming it was Brexit/Politics related?

Newer posts