The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
House posted:
AlexS posted:
Why on earth is the BBC supporting Kirsty in seemingly travelling between Glasgow and London on a regular basis, while we are meant to be in lockdown, is the bigger question.

She is a en extremely experienced journalist, she has a press pass, what is your issue again?

May I politely suggest that you please do your research before launching into posts that have become not only monotonous but also with some kind of agenda. More often than not you seem hell bent on targeting the BBC and its journalists in one way or another.

Also worth remembering Kirsty, along with many of her public service broadcaster colleagues, also counts as a key worker per the Government’s classification. Not only is it lawful for her (or indeed anyone else) to travel to work where that can’t reasonably be done from home (and presenting from Glasgow presumably requires additional crew to come in, so isn’t necessarily that advantageous in itself), but Kirsty would also be entitled to send any children to school, and use public transport in central London as a key worker.

It's not just PSB broadcasters, Sky are included too it seems, so I suppose those crackpots at Russia Today also count as 'Key Workers' ?
BR
Brekkie
House posted:
AlexS posted:
Why on earth is the BBC supporting Kirsty in seemingly travelling between Glasgow and London on a regular basis, while we are meant to be in lockdown, is the bigger question.

She is a en extremely experienced journalist, she has a press pass, what is your issue again?

May I politely suggest that you please do your research before launching into posts that have become not only monotonous but also with some kind of agenda. More often than not you seem hell bent on targeting the BBC and its journalists in one way or another.

Also worth remembering Kirsty, along with many of her public service broadcaster colleagues, also counts as a key worker per the Government’s classification. Not only is it lawful for her (or indeed anyone else) to travel to work where that can’t reasonably be done from home (and presenting from Glasgow presumably requires additional crew to come in, so isn’t necessarily that advantageous in itself), but Kirsty would also be entitled to send any children to school, and use public transport in central London as a key worker.

Key worker or not I'm not sure the current regulations allow you to send a 28 year old and 30 year old to school. Laughing
HO
House
House posted:

Key worker or not I'm not sure the current regulations allow you to send a 28 year old and 30 year old to school. Laughing

Unless they’re teachers Wink
HO
House
House posted:

It's not just PSB broadcasters, Sky are included too it seems, so I suppose those crackpots at Russia Today also count as 'Key Workers' ?

Difference between working lawfully (which is anyone whose job is still ongoing and they cannot do it reasonably from home) and key workers, but I imagine anyone who works for a channel or broadcaster regulated or required by Ofcom to provide news or other broadcasting would be counted in this current definition?
BR
Brekkie
Including Babestation. Laughing
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
World News America aired on the News Channel instead of the Ten last night
DV
dvboy
House posted:

I don't think RT UK are making programmes at the moment. The couple of times I've tuned in recently it's been RT America programming.
LO
londonkid
Terrific remix of BBC News theme by a chap in Glasgow called Ben Howell. He's taken Dua Lipa's Hallucinate from her album Future Nostalgia. It was created on Garageband and features the BBC World motif. It's banging. Greg James has played it all morning on R1 and tweeted a million newsreaders. Another viral smash in the making.

MW
Mike W
Terrific remix of BBC News theme by a chap in Glasgow called Ben Howell. He's taken Dua Lipa's Hallucinate from her album Future Nostalgia. It was created on Garageband and features the BBC World motif. It's banging. Greg James has played it all morning on R1 and tweeted a million newsreaders. Another viral smash in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skK3WoK5Z8A

It also features a mock made by our very own Bail...
ST
Stuart

I like the graphics, with the logo within the rings. This may give someone at BBC Creative an idea for a refresh which they can claim as their own.

Bail has been a naughty boy by not using Reith. LOL Very Happy
DV
DVB Cornwall
BBC News channel 1520 .....

AndrewPSSP, Stuart and Custard56 gave kudos
MW
Mike W

I like the graphics, with the logo within the rings. This may give someone at BBC Creative an idea for a refresh which they can claim as their own.

Bail has been a naughty boy by not using Reith. LOL Very Happy

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/bbc-news-audio-wave-hoop-43338

It dates back to 2018 - it seems it was just a download of the original YT video

Newer posts