TV Home Forum

UTV rebrand

New look to bring it in line with ITV (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
ITV have given their other regional studios a bit of a send off so don't see why Havelock House would be the exception. At the very least it's an easy bit of programme filler.
JK
JKDerry
Havelock House has been a brilliant home for UTV. I always remember the Kelly Show on a Friday night as a child of the early 1990s. The show used to come from one of the smallest television studios that a talk show could use. I remember Gerry Kelly used to be crammed into the studio every Friday night at 10.40pm, and we loved it.
bkman1990 and Richard gave kudos
RI
Richard
Are any of the reports on UTV Live now broadcast in HD? They look much better quality than the studio. I know bulletins from the small studio have been in HD for a while.
PF
PFML84
Not HD yet, it will be when they move the show to the new studios in a few weeks.
JK
JKDerry
Not HD yet, it will be when they move the show to the new studios in a few weeks.

Studio, they only going to have one small news studio I think.
PF
PFML84
Really? Where will they film UTV Life?
IS
Inspector Sands
UTV's archive to be preserved by Northern Irelands public records office:
https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/news/utv-archive-be-preserved-public-record-office-northern-ireland
ST
South Today
UTV's archive to be preserved by Northern Irelands public records office:
https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/news/utv-archive-be-preserved-public-record-office-northern-ireland

UTV now lacks the space to house the archive so they turn it into a good PR stunt!

UTV Life and View from Stormont will share the main studio and there is space opposite the main UTV Live presentation area. I presume bulletins will be presented from the main studio from a plasma.
IS
Inspector Sands

UTV now lacks the space to house the archive so they turn it into a good PR stunt!

Although many of the ITV regions have done the same.

Yes it's to do with room and cutting costs but to say its just a PR stunt is a bit overly cynical. It does make the material available to the public, most will have much more value as a research tool than in a commercially orientated clips archive

Odd when something the ITV do that is genuinely public service is dismissed as a stunt
JK
JKDerry
Really? Where will they film UTV Life?

UTV Life was already broadcast from the same news studio. They were not in a different studio, just a different part of the news studio, which will most likely be the same when they move into their new home. ITV want to spend as less money on studios in Belfast, so they will not be giving money to have two studios. I think one main news studio which can mave multiple sets in it.
LS
Lou Scannon
Presumably, the one studio - modestly-sized though it doubtless is - has enough space for a UTV Life* set opposite the news set. And I anticipate that the news set itself will be used in re-dressed form, for View From Stormont (exactly like how the ITV News Cymru Wales set gets re-dressed for Sharp End).

*(I like to think that if the news were to ultimately be renamed as something like ITV News Northern Ireland, then UTV Life might become "Northern Life"! Wink Laughing )
WH
Whataday Founding member
Presumably, the one studio - modestly-sized though it doubtless is - has enough space for a UTV Life* set opposite the news set. And I anticipate that the news set itself will be used in re-dressed form, for View From Stormont (exactly like how the ITV News Cymru Wales set gets re-dressed for Sharp End

Not quite, the new View from Stormont set is already standing directly opposite the UTV News set.

I imagine that space will be used for UTV Life also. Perhaps those graphic panels are changeable.

Newer posts