TV Home Forum

New look Loose Women

Moving to TVC Studio 2 on 16th April 2018 (August 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
I agree it needs a title sequence. The opening shots of the audience are slightly too long and awkward with the theme as it is now. They would have been better having a sting followed by the bed for the walk on.

LL
London Lite Founding member
The music really doesn't match the glossy magazine look and graphics does it? In any case, the pre 2011 mix is a lot better.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The current set is such a brilliant use of the space - far superior to anything they've used before so I hope they don't change much. Perhaps they could get a new version of the theme that matches the look they have now.
RD
RDJ
I've always thought it was a mistake getting rid of the old theme as the new theme really was utter crap and was the weakest part of the 'new-style' Loose Women.

The opener needs to be better suited to the old theme if they intend on reverting back to this theme. Using the sting then the opening theme for the voiceover and walk on doesn't really work and they need to construct the into better to better suit the new (old) music.
ME
mercster09
I think the old theme remix is great. It doesn't work with this set and the walk on but its nice to hear it again as it defines the Loose Women brand.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I actually think there's a way of making both gel together:

(I know some of the ladies featured are no longer in the show, but it was a bit of a rush job so worked with whatever clips I had)
fanoftv, Josh and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
JO
Jon
That's a decent mock but I think it's a step backwards to be honest. Since getting rid of the music and the titles the show has felt much fresher and credible.
WH
Whataday Founding member
But the music is now back, and content wise the show has taken several steps backwards (with the ratings better for it).
WH
Whataday Founding member
I notice by Friday's episode this week they had cut the theme shorter to make the shots of the audience linger less. Worked a lot better. Also the bed ends with a loud note rather than fade out, which I don't think has ever been used before.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Jon posted:
That's a decent mock but I think it's a step backwards to be honest. Since getting rid of the music and the titles the show has felt much fresher and credible.

Excellent mock, IMO.
WH
Whataday Founding member
See how they've shortened the theme now. Works much better

RE
Reece24
Noticed since Monday, the 'LW' is in the old position on screen (higher) and the strap remains the newer, lower position - doesn't look great.

Newer posts