The Newsroom

BBC Newsnight

(March 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
DAN09690
Radio 4's Fi Glover will present Newsnight on the 14th & 15th of August.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Fi Glover? If I'm not mistaken, took over from Penny Junor as the presenter of BBC2's The Travel Show?

On the subject of NN, Lyse Doucet was incredibly good.
MD
MDQ1

Fi Glover? If I'm not mistaken, took over from Penny Junor as the presenter of BBC2's The Travel show?

Agreed, Doucet was very good - hope to see her again.

Would really like to see the likes of Maxine Mahwinney or Martine Croxall have a go!
NG
noggin Founding member

Fi Glover? If I'm not mistaken, took over from Penny Junor as the presenter of BBC2's The Travel Show?

Fi Glover also presented "Broadcasting House", taking over from Eddie Mair, before Paddy O'Connell. She was also the launch presenter of "Saturday Live"
MD
mdtauk
According to the Newsnight Twitter account, LBC's James O'Brien will be presenting Newsnight tonight...

BA
bazinga
I'm not sure what to think about James O'brien presenting newsnight, doesn't seem very good at all. Quite awkward presenting style imo..
MD
mdtauk
I'm not sure what to think about James O'brien presenting newsnight, doesn't seem very good at all. Quite awkward presenting style imo..

It seems he is back tomorrow, so he may seem more natural his second time around. I am surprised a non-BBC journalist was given the hosting chair, but I do enjoy listening to him on LBC in the morning, and have done for many years.
MD
MDQ1
V awkward, especially ending the Borris discussion.
MD
mdtauk
Just watching last night's Newsnight, and I think James O'Brien felt a bit more natural.
MI
mirage7
Do think his manner of interviewing brought out the best in what ever guest he happened to be interviewing - much better than the aggressive nature of paxman.
:-(
A former member
I found him a bit smarmy and felt like he had an agenda, but then again I'm not exactly his biggest fan.
MD
mdtauk
I found him a bit smarmy and felt like he had an agenda, but then again I'm not exactly his biggest fan.

Yea, he is a bit of a lefty liberal at times. This is why I listen to him, and try to avoid Nick Ferrari who proceeds him lol

Newer posts