The Newsroom

BBC Newsnight

(March 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris
chris posted:

Well the 6 is apparently still in there for a few more weeks but potentially that could then be the last broadcast.

The 2000 summary is also from there. Additionally there is talk of S+PP having a booking to use TC7 early next year.

Sorry, not with the jargon. What's S+PP?
AC
aconnell
BBC Studios & Post-Production.

http://www.bbcstudiosandpostproduction.com/
GE
thegeek Founding member
Anyone know what's next for TC7?
US Election coverage, for one thing. And apparently the VR elements will be coming from TC5!

Meanwhile, are you bracing yourselves for some new Newsnight titles?
AC
aconnell
US Election coverage, for one thing. And apparently the VR elements will be coming from TC5!

So it's not being presented from Washington? Part of the DQF cuts?

From what we saw on Friday, the graphics don't look radically different. At least we'll have full titles now, from what I gather you are saying. They introduced them at the beginning and then cut them completely shortly after IIRC.
BA
bilky asko

So it's not being presented from Washington? Part of the DQF cuts?

To be honest, TC7 would look a lot better than the Washington studio.
AC
aconnell
So, new logo from Twitter page:

http://si0.twimg.com/profile_banners/20543416/1350302100/web

At the moment, it looks a bit like a night club logo with the choice of colours, but I'll wait until half ten to change my mind...
BB
BBC LDN
What the sh!tballs is going on with the character spacing?

n ew s n i g h t
KM
Kevizz MS
It seems to be just as amateur and unimaginative as the new Marr titles... Sad
DJ
David Jonathan
Oh look, they are using the "Arabesque" screensaver as background!
TW
Tom W

n ew s n i g h t

I thought that. But I did wonder whether this might just be a screencap from the titles, and 'Newsnight' is just forming? If not, then it doesn't look great...
WH
whoiam989

n ew s n i g h t

*Finding some appropriate clip in some aspects*

There you are. (at 01:04)

Seriously man, where are kerners! Did they forget spacing between 'e' and 'w'? Will check later if that will be in actual title sequence or not.
Last edited by whoiam989 on 8 December 2012 3:19pm
MO
Moz
Tom W posted:

n ew s n i g h t

I thought that. But I did wonder whether this might just be a screencap from the titles, and 'Newsnight' is just forming? If not, then it doesn't look great...

I don't get it. Look at it closely, and you see the letter spacing is all over the place, but if you just look at it as a whole it looks fine.

The centres of each letter n, e, w, and s are all equidistant (see below), despite the gap between the n and the e being more than that between the e and the w, but the rest is all over the place.

Newer posts