The Newsroom

Saif Al Islam Gadaffi Captured

Rolling Coverage (January 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
whoiam989
Wonder if we'll get at some point John Simpson's 'anecdote' about Gaddafi farting during an interview a few years back?

I just went looking on YouTube for a clip of that, and instead found this one of him farting near Larry King:

The world's most annoying guy just got much stinks.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Interesting live anchoring from Ben Brown yesterday evening on the 5pm Newshour (The Hub on BBC World). He interviewed a doctor who had been holding underground surgeries during the recent uprising, due to inability of hospitals to function properly for the more routine issues.

It transpired that said doctor was an old school classmate of Ben! I was half expecting the studio anchor to quip at the end "see, Ben does have friends after all!"

It does appear the case that Ben Brown has been mobilized to Libya to take over from Lyse Doucet. One wonders if Lyse will pop up in Paris today for the "Friends of Libya" Summit?
DS
Dan S
Interesting live anchoring from Ben Brown yesterday evening on the 5pm Newshour (The Hub on BBC World). He interviewed a doctor who had been holding underground surgeries during the recent uprising, due to inability of hospitals to function properly for the more routine issues.

It transpired that said doctor was an old school classmate of Ben! I was half expecting the studio anchor to quip at the end "see, Ben does have friends after all!"

It does appear the case that Ben Brown has been mobilized to Libya to take over from Lyse Doucet. One wonders if Lyse will pop up in Paris today for the "Friends of Libya" Summit?

LOL

No, Chris Morris reporting from Paris. I have a feeling too that Ben Brown has taken over from Lyse Doucet, unless they're sharing presenting duties, which has happened in the past many times.

9 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Whilst 9/11 coverage may be dominating bulletins at the moment, fighting has flared in the towns of Sirte and Bani Walid in Libya. Could be a couple of intensive and underlining days also in Libya, but surprised that it hasn't even been mentioned in any of the flagship bulletins I have watched this eving on Sky, CNN and BBC channels!
EX
excel99
Guess you couldn't watch it, but it was covered on the BBC News at 10 last night

41 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Mishal Husain and Lucy Hockings running live on BBC World with the story. Very latest that he has been killed. Joint coverage from Zain Verjee and Kristie Lu Stout on CNN.

Lyse Doucet who is in Cairo for other reasons may well end up in Tripoli to anchor live coverage.
RO
rob Founding member
A few captures of coverage this afternoon. Apologies for the poor quality.

JW
JamesWorldNews
World now simulcasting with News 24. Mishal Husain with Jane Hill. Great team for this.

I expect a flurry of anchors flying to Libya now. Jane Hill referring to us as BBC World. Déjà Vu.
DF
DrewF
World now simulcasting with News 24. Mishal Husain with Jane Hill. Great team for this.

I expect a flurry of anchors flying to Libya now. Jane Hill referring to us as BBC World. Déjà Vu.

And they've moved to N6, they'll be doing the usual hokey cokey between studios during this simulcast I'm sure. Interesting that Jane Hill has continued on to the simulcast out of her shift (unless Ellie Crisell or similar was presenting next of course..)

The BBC seem to be covering the story rather well.
GI
ginnyfan
Joint CNN US/CNNI coverage now with Hala Gorani and Kyra Philips from the domestic set of course.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Jane Hill and Mishal Husain are both excellent presenters. Blooming brilliant in fact. Great to see Jane on World again. Why didn't they just stay in N8?

CNN coverage's mediocre, until Hala got there.
NS
NickyS Founding member
Jane Hill and Mishal Husain are both excellent presenters. Blooming brilliant in fact. Great to see Jane on World again. Why didn't they just stay in N8?

CNN coverage's mediocre, until Hala got there.

Probably as they are now on BBC Two and N6 is the main news studio

Newer posts