The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
BBC World has had sponsored elements for years possibly always - the weather being the main one I can think of (for a long time sponsored by Qatar Airways, as every other channels weather deemed to be). They've had Rolex sponsored golf reports too (at least I think that's what they were)
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 2 March 2017 8:26am
DV
dvboy
It's just news programmes that can't be sponsored. Everything else is fine.
MI
Mike516
Indeed,

The Travel Show was recently sponsored by Turkish Airlines; African Footballer of the Year by Kwase Sports. I think Rolex sponsored last weekend's Talking Movies Oscar special.
IS
Inspector Sands
dvboy posted:
It's just news programmes that can't be sponsored. Everything else is fine.

And of course that is an Ofcom rule that applies to every channel, not just BBC World. One of the business channels (CNBC?) had issues years ago with a programme sponsored by the Wall Street Journal
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Not forgetting Market Boards, sponsored by Credit Suisse. That music brings back so many memories!

NYTV and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
DE
deejay
*shudder*
JW
JamesWorldNews
n I guess it's what people in the UK would call marmite.

Yes. If you replace the "marm" in marmite with "sh"...........
MA
Martin Founding member
No further detail yet on Aaron's new afternoon business show?
RK
Rkolsen
No further detail yet on Aaron's new afternoon business show?

Aaron Hesslehurst posted a while back on twitter that one of our members (decide to let the person to mention it) here is going to be the lead director.

In January I asked Aaron he replied that it will be on in May and airs at 14:30 UK time - so it will be eating up a half hour of Impact Asia.

MI
Mike516

In January I asked Aaron he replied that it will be on in May and airs at 14:30 UK time - so it will be eating up a half hour of Impact Asia.

It won't, the 14:30 BST [UK Time] slot is being used for World Business Report & Sport Today in the run up to the new business show launching. As detailed upthread, Impact starts at 1300 BST from 3rd April, with a 90 minute block, followed by another 30 minute edition at 1500 BST. - Effectively moving the bulk of the programme a couple of hours earlier for viewers in Asia where the clocks don't change.
Last edited by Mike516 on 3 March 2017 10:57am
DV
dvboy
Single headed Newsday from Singapore today.
AS
AlexS
Sarah Corker, who sounds more suited to newsround, presenting the headlines at half past. Also played a breaking news strap before launching the start of reporters on the news channel.

Newer posts