TV Home Forum

Big Brother UK - Season 9

Mon, Tue, Wed 10pm; Thu 9pm; Fri 9 & 10.35pm; Sat, Sun 9pm (April 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Can't really blame this young girl for taking the criticism so badly. She obviously *is* sitting up at 2am reading what's written about her on the forums - despite saying she isn't.

She's too young to be a polished TV presenter - and the producers, once again, beleive that shows for 14-21 year olds need to be presented by someone in that age bracket.

Its absolute nonsense, but not something easy to explain to a 25 year old producer.
BR
Brekkie
Nominees:

Unconfirmed but from the usually reliable insider Reverse Ferret:

No surprises at all - Alex and Mario. I think the result is a foregone conclusion myself, but I really would prefer Mario to go.
PA
pad
No surprises there.

I'd love the unobvious one out though. If he doesn't go this week, he might not for many weeks.
PT
Put The Telly On
Tom0 posted:
nok32uk posted:
dbl posted:
What Zezi thinks about forumers critising her presenting skills in today's Metro newspaper:
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2646/zezikc2.jpg

Quote:
Good luck to them. I don't have time to post crap on forums at 2am. I've got hundreds of people on MySpace telling me I do a good job ( Laughing ) but, on the flipside, you get people saying the opposite. They're within their rights. there are things I don't like on TV but I'd never dream of posting them on a forum. There are other things to do. Watch something else, talk to your friends, have a beer, buy some shoes. All that spitefulness doesn't affect me. I'm not sitting at home crying into my tea.

Charming... Rolling Eyes

"..hundreds of people on MySpace telling me I do a good job.."

Oh per-lease, she really is childish.

Thats just as childish as Zezi's comment.

I didn't know people had been quite that rude about her. I personally couldn't give two stuffs. I just think her responses echo those of a school playground rather than being diplomatic but still...swings and roundabouts I guess.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Caught a few minutes of tonight's show. Found Alexandra's outburst to be bizarre. She expects other Muslims to behave in a certain way, provided she can drink, smoke and swear herself. Not a terribly good starting point from which to judge people.
AL
alisterj
The probem with Zezi is she comes across as unexperienced, and watching her makes me feel quite awkward really. She certainly isn't funny, and her timing is painful. I think standards have dropped somewhat with TV presenters, the same goes for news readers. She comes across as some teenager who might present a talent show at my college. Totally unbearable. Her humour is totally mindless, and when she had that guy from Bo Selecta on, she kept cutting him up and getting him to be quiet as soon as he started talking. What IS the problem Zezi? And why does she keep staring at the camera?

Sorry. I know it's harsh, but wake up C4. TV Presenting isn't a job for any young face who looks like they could fit the bill. Russell Brand and Dermot were the stars of BB.
JO
Jonathan
My problem with Zezi is her voice. It's kind of muffled and lazy, it has a really annoying sound to it but I can't put my finger on quite what it is.

She also comes across as being aloof and uninterested in the show and its viewers. At least Dermot was engaged and excited, Zezi might as well be some random carrot sitting in an Elstree studio.

Oh and then there's the fact that she's from a pool of wannabe posers, as seen on BBC Three's show ''Class of 2008.'' You know the type I mean, this network of young people living in London that rely on hob nobbing with famous people to get themselves anywhere in life, I mean it's just really sad. Zezi and her friend ''Kesh'' pride themselves on labelling themselves the 'coconut twins' and living life for the London clubbing scene. Zezi is a loser.
ST
Stuart
Gavin Scott posted:
Caught a few minutes of tonight's show. Found Alexandra's outburst to be bizarre. She expects other Muslims to behave in a certain way, provided she can drink, smoke and swear herself. Not a terribly good starting point from which to judge people.

I also watched last night's show and thought that Alex appeared to make Mo feel very uncomfortable by her interrogation. He perhaps should've just replied that 'diary room' conversations were confidential; although her aggressive stance made that rather difficult.

I noticed from the HMs' blurbs on various sites that Alex described herself as having "converted to Islam 2 years ago but isn't a practising Muslim". I'm not religious, but I find it difficult to understand why an adult would make a conscious decision to convert to a particular religion but not practice its teachings.
DA
davidmcg
Clickey Here

Channel4 have cancelled the phone vote for the upcoming eviction, i presume Alex or Mario are gone (kicked out or walked).
JO
Jonathan
djmgpsp posted:
Clickey Here

Channel4 have cancelled the phone vote for the upcoming eviction, i presume Alex or Mario are gone (kicked out or walked).

The likelihood is that BB bosses have made something happen; losing one of their two most watchable housemates in an eviction wouldn't be great for them.
PT
Put The Telly On
Probably an upcoming phone scandal or error that C4 wanted to avoid ASAP. Either that or Alex or Mario are going to be removed for their behaviour.
JO
Jonathan
nok32uk posted:
Probably an upcoming phone scandal or error that C4 wanted to avoid ASAP. Either that or Alex or Mario are going to be removed for their behaviour.

Well Mario and Alexandra are no longer listed as ''nominated'' on the big brother website.

Newer posts