TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
Firstly is the quick promo style with the logo then programme title appearing on a transparent bar at the bottom of the screen new? It looks rather nice on the Eomething About Movies promo.

No, that transparent bar has been around for a while now.

8 days later

IM
ImMaxClaydon
Just Noticed Sky Sports News is using a different studio for all its programming right now, not sure if this is permanent or if it could be the old studio is undergoing maintenance/COVID Cleaning or something?
VA
valley
Just Noticed Sky Sports News is using a different studio for all its programming right now, not sure if this is permanent or if it could be the old studio is undergoing maintenance/COVID Cleaning or something?

Discussed in The Sport Thread, but this is a temporary studio whilst “works” are underway in the Newsroom where the set is.

23 days later

JL
J. Lyric
Here's something about Sky Docs, from Sky Creative.

Quote:
"The logo would prove to be a particular challenge – it is the longest logo in the Sky family, so needed a good deal of thought on how it was going to work. Even choosing the right channel colour was a huge challenge!"

Just thought it'd be interesting to highlight how much effort went into the channel's look.

[also, i think B&G has taken the award for "Longest Sky Logo" Laughing ]
VA
valley
Not sure if I've seen this posted here, but Sky Kids has been boxed up. Not yet updated on the corporate logo site.
JL
J. Lyric
Not sure if I've seen this posted here, but Sky Kids has been boxed up. Not yet updated on the corporate logo site.

At this point, I'm always excited to see a new Sky logo - I was really excited to finally see News boxed up Very Happy
Sh1ruba and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos

10 days later

SH
Sh1ruba
Hey Lyric, some new logos have dropped on the Sky logo site.
Somehow they made a new one for Sky+ which is a surprise to know they still have Sky+ around in 2020.

:-(
A former member
Had a mail shot for ‘Sky Essentials’ (no pill logo) last week which was Triple Play with Sky+ for £30 or similar.

I’m sure the OG non-HDR Q boxes will be the bottom rung soon enough though.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Somehow they made a new one for Sky+ which is a surprise to know they still have Sky+ around in 2020.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Of course they have Sky+ around, it makes up the bulk of the Sky viewership for goodness sake (and indeed was the premium product for the best part of a decade before Q came along). Sky+ SD is still around as well.

Sky+HD didn't just vanish overnight when Q came along you know, never mind what the adverts seem to imply.
SH
Sh1ruba
Had a mail shot for ‘Sky Essentials’ (no pill logo) last week which was Triple Play with Sky+ for £30 or similar.

I’m sure the OG non-HDR Q boxes will be the bottom rung soon enough though.

Did the logo look like this?
VA
valley
Hey Lyric, some new logos have dropped on the Sky logo site.

These have been on there for months - not really new.
:-(
A former member

(snip)
Did the logo look like this?

That’s the one.

Newer posts