The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmthwtv
BBC didn't report it so I am assuming it was a 10:30 embargo?
VA
valley
Sky reported it at 22:00. Unless they broke the embargo, but I don’t think there was one?
CM
cmthwtv
I could be wrong as I did watch it half asleep. Someone else can probably correct me.
SN
The SNT Three
BBC didn't report it so I am assuming it was a 10:30 embargo?

BBC News led with that story at 10pm.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
On the 'News at Ten' tonight it looked like the interview with Matt Hancock took place outside BBC Broadcasting House. I assume he was on his way to Andrew Marr.
CH
chris
On the 'News at Ten' tonight it looked like the interview with Matt Hancock took place outside BBC Broadcasting House. I assume he was on his way to Andrew Marr.

Yes that happens most Sundays.
Alfie Mulcahy and Ballyboy gave kudos
RD
RDJ

Sky usually have a camera crew ready outside there for an interview on Sophy Ridge after they have appeared on Marr. And naturally ITV will get in there too.

Indeed if you watch Sunday Morning Live from 32:10 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000mvgb/sunday-morning-live-series-11-episode-13 ) you can see the melee of reporters and photographers hounding the Health Secretary in the background of the shot whilst the show itself calmly talks about pretty plants.
MA
Meridian AM
RDJ posted:

Sky usually have a camera crew ready outside there for an interview on Sophy Ridge after they have appeared on Marr. And naturally ITV will get in there too.

Indeed if you watch Sunday Morning Live from 32:10 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000mvgb/sunday-morning-live-series-11-episode-13 ) you can see the melee of reporters and photographers hounding the Health Secretary in the background of the shot whilst the show itself calmly talks about pretty plants.

He was on Ridge before Marr yesterday.
SO
Soupnzi
I don’t know if they ever considered this when they moved TV news progs to NBH, but in the old days of Breakfast with Frost and the first few years of Marr, the logistics of- and security barriers at- TVC meant competitors couldn’t grab ministers on the way in/out.

It all means that the traditional sight of the Frost/Marr interviews getting ‘pick up’ on Sky and the ITV bulletins is slightly more rare now.
CA
Cando
chris posted:

Yes that happens most Sundays.

Indeed increasingly happening weekday mornings too. Now that The Today programme is no longer being boycotted.
UN
Universal_r
There’s an itv news special after the prime minister’s coronavirus update tomorrow at 8pm. I wonder why they’ve decided to do this if I remember correctly they didn’t do one after the lockdown announcement or any other announcements broadcast on itv. I also wonder if it will be the evening news presenter hosting or NaT.

NG
noggin Founding member
RDJ posted:

He was on Ridge before Marr yesterday.

Sunday Morning Live pre-record exterior items most Sundays.

Newer posts