TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Yes, feel like they need to reflect one of the biggest events in our lifetimes but would be weird to go from a regular episode to suddenly the social distancing being imposed on the soap three months after the event.

Yeah, best to wrap up ongoing storylines then timeskip a few months so they catch up with the present day (this week's episodes, obviously, are set a couple of weeks ago, and that discrepancy will get bigger every week until the current stock runs out). The lockdown would be in that timeskip.
BR
Brekkie
I suspect a bit of flashback may come into play to cover the gaps. Continuity will be interesting with all the shaved heads too.
IS
Inspector Sands

So I guess this Channel 4 producer hasn't heard of I'm A Celebrity?

He's quite obviously talking about having a show which is taking place in the UK and Australia - I'm a Celebrity only happens in Australia, there's no input from the UK.

I think he's right, the only thing I can think of is when TVam came from Sydney, which had the news and some other bits from London.
GO
gottago

So I guess this Channel 4 producer hasn't heard of I'm A Celebrity?

He's quite obviously talking about having a show which is taking place in the UK and Australia - I'm a Celebrity only happens in Australia, there's no input from the UK.

I think he's right, the only thing I can think of is when TVam came from Sydney, which had the news and some other bits from London.

I'm a Celeb... Now on ITV2 had a few series with Mark Durden Smith hosting from a London studio while the rest of them hosted from Oz.
SC
Score
Deadline are reporting that ITV are piloting a lockdown version of Family Fortunes:

https://t.co/WZEeMof9jd
DA
davidhorman
Continuity will be interesting with all the shaved heads too.

Hmm? Are we all supposed to be shaving our heads now?
ME
mediaman2007

I can’t wait to see viewers own content. People dancing at home filmed on webcams, sounds brilliant TV Wink

Yeah sounds like something ITV would do Wink
DA
davidhorman

I can’t wait to see viewers own content. People dancing at home filmed on webcams, sounds brilliant TV Wink

Yeah sounds like something ITV would do Wink

Hey, it was good enough for a Feeder video 15 years ago.

...which I just discovered they are going to redo for these troubled times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJah5Oawi5M
BR
Brekkie
Charlie Brooker is back with Antiviral Wipe. Just a one-off, but will be interesting to have his take on it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-two-comedy
DW
DavidWhitfield
Excellent news. I've missed his acerbic rundowns of goings-on over the last few years.
JO
Jonwo
I admit I chuckled at it being callled Antiviral Wipe.

I see BBC Two is taking advantage of having 15 minutes to fill with Comedians Playing with Themselves.
IS
Inspector Sands
They've been showing the 45 minute version of I'll Get This in Tuesday nights, presumably that was made as an extended repeat. Perfect slot for some QI XLs too.

Jonwo posted:
I admit I chuckled at it being callled Antiviral Wipe.

Only a working title, but hope it's kept

Newer posts