The Newsroom

London Live

announce News presenters (December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Repeating last year's Miss World tonight. Other than that schedule seems to be dominated by A Place in the Sun and Mud Men, which although originally on History I think is London centric.
TV
TVGBs
No special programmes for Notting Hill Carnival this year

The nail in the coffin!

There's more nail than coffin these days.
BBI45, Steve in Pudsey and steveboswell gave kudos

28 days later

GO
gottago
Interestingly there seems to be a few new non-studio series on the channel at the moment that appear to have been commissioned by London Live. A brand new series which started today, Anthea Turner's Hot Topics.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=494047084709028

And then another, 'Celeb-Bri-Tea On The Bus' which I just saw an ad for and could barely make out a word they were saying. It stars the ghastly Showbiz Simon that briefly appeared on Big Brother a few years ago. Bobby Davro is one of the guests so there you go.
KK
KolonelKlink
Interestingly there seems to be a few new non-studio series on the channel at the moment that appear to have been commissioned by London Live. A brand new series which started today, Anthea Turner's Hot Topics.

And the link to London is...Anthea Turner lives in Kew?
RA
radiolistener
Monkey Tennis?
TV
TVGBs
They both appear to be YouTube shows that they have acquired that appear to be funded or associated, at least partially, by a company or organisation.

Here's the Anthea Turner one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am3NjY63HAM - and here's the other one which appears to be (from its Facebook page) In association with Golden Tours - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP7M-Rl3YvPyGEg6DqyP56g. It looks like tickets for that end of the pier show on wheels were £40 a pop too. The credits on the end of it were shocking. Abysmal stuff.

15 days later

RW
Robert Williams Founding member
The local mux has just been extended to the Reigate transmitter so I'm able enjoy the delights of a 'local' television channel for the first time - and it's London Live rather than the possibly more relevant That's Surrey. The audio on their 6.00 news programme at the moment is terrible - it sounds like it's being presented from a bathroom.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The local mux has just been extended to the Reigate transmitter so I'm able enjoy the delights of a 'local' television channel for the first time - and it's London Live rather than the possibly more relevant That's Surrey. The audio on their 6.00 news programme at the moment is terrible - it sounds like it's being presented from a bathroom.

I'd speculate that LL being broadcast from Reigate is to benefit those who live just inside the M25 who may benefit from a better signal from there instead of Croydon.
ST
stuartfanning
That's Surrey covers the Guildford area in Surrey and little else. Even London Live is many times better than That's Surrey so sensible decision made for Reigate transmitter. As to the M25 - to the south it runs wholly in Surrey and Kent, to the north it runs along the Greater London border for a fair distance.
LL
London Lite Founding member
That's Surrey covers the Guildford area in Surrey and little else. Even London Live is many times better than That's Surrey so sensible decision made for Reigate transmitter. As to the M25 - to the south it runs wholly in Surrey and Kent, to the north it runs along the Greater London border for a fair distance.

Yet being a SFN, the signal from Reigate will benefit viewers who live on the Surrey/London border in places like Coulsdon and Kenley which are just inside LL's editorial area in the same way the Hemel relay benefits viewers in parts of NW London.
MA
Markymark

I'd speculate that LL being broadcast from Reigate is to benefit those who live just inside the M25 who may benefit from a better signal from there instead of Croydon.

It will have a wider effect for coverage, but the only reason Reigate is carrying the London local mux is to restore the service for viewers in the area who risk losing their signal from CP and Croydon as a result of Midhurst adopting Ch35 for one of its muxes this week.

The local muxes unbelievably have the same level of protection as the three PSB muxes. It's a crazy situation

There are plans for the Basingstoke mux to have an additional transmitter for the Farnham area, because of Co channel interference from Mendip!
TedJrr and London Lite gave kudos

25 days later

LO
Londoner
I hadn't realised that Anthony Baxter is the head of news now - and has been since May this year.

Newer posts