The Newsroom

BBC Weather changes preview

Website displaying pages with Meteo data on adapted URL (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GR
gregmc
Keep your eyes peeled to the TV on Tuesday lunchtime Wink
CC
CyberCD
I'm looking forward to the inevitable "Scotland's too big/not big enough" debate already.
RO
roo
Well that problem's been solved in a fairly blunt way.
MY
MY83
DOUBLE EDIT: Didn't realise the colour on the temperature symbols were always varied on the website. Wonder if that will come to the telly forecasts too.

That has been standard practice for some time. Blue for cold (below 2 or 3 C), green for chilly, yellow for normal, orange for warm.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/21/article-2699451-1FB369BE00000578-235_634x363.jpg

It even occurred under the old system, although there were just 3 colours - Blue for up to 0, yellow for 1-25 and orange for 26 and over
NE
Neil__
This may just be me being desperately thick here, but what determines which symbol is shown in the new system? In this example, a 26% chance of rain at 1600 gets a cloudy-with-sun symbol, and a 26% chance at 1900 gets a rain symbol. Am I alone in finding that a little confounding? Is it to do with the duration of rain forecast within the hour?

1900 is after sunset, 1600 is before.
BR
Brekkie
Keep your eyes peeled to the TV on Tuesday lunchtime Wink

Been waiting ages for Spring to finally arrive.
WL
W1LL
The poor souls near Bangor.
MY
MY83
The poor souls near Bangor.

That's summer in Wales, mun.
CC
CyberCD
roo posted:
Well that problem's been solved in a fairly blunt way.

Potentially so bluntly as to make it a problem.
JA
james-2001
MY83 posted:

I'm glad I wasn't in Bangor that day!
BA
bilky asko
Moz posted:

He’s got the iPhone X.

Cooo !

Hasn’t everyone!? 😳

When Jeremy Vine says it's too expensive, then it's maybe just a bit overpriced.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
MY83 posted:
It even occurred under the old system, although there were just 3 colours - Blue for up to 0, yellow for 1-25 and orange for 26 and over

Indeed, I'd obviously become blind to it.

I think it was the moving the colour away from being obviously associated with the temperature digits that seems to have thrown me, but I like the inclusion of the at-a-glance colours and I'll get used to it. I like the cleaner feel of the website already, but it will be better when the video forecasts are reintroduced.

Newer posts