Media Websites

TV Whirl - Revision 7

...yes at last! (January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TE
tesandco Founding member
It's long overdue, but Revision 7 of TV Whirl is finally online. It's been two months since the last update, and I had planned to have everything done for today. Then the hard drive on my other computer crashed just before Christmas. Rather than delay it again, I did everything using the laptop. The quality's much lower (No stereo for a start), but its better than nothing.

Anyway, what's new?

Well, There's 48 new files, taking the site total to around 440. Included in this is the first of the GERMAN channels to go on the site, in the form of Super RTL. There aren't a great lot of English sites looking at German presentation, so I decided to jump in there and make a start.

New files have been added in the existing sections:-

Adverts- 1 New file - Barclaycard 1997

TV Logos - 39 New files
13 for ITV1/ITV2
8 for five
4 for the BBC Xmas section
8 for German Channel Super RTL
3 for the Freeview Tests section
3 for the TTTV Misc section

CITV - 1 New file - Showing an advert for the 20th Birthday Bash, broadcast at the start of January 2003

Watership Down - 3 new files, mainly showing the 3rd series from Germany

Mistakes - 1 New file - Part of a breakdown during Wallace and Gromit on BBC1

Soaps - 2 New files - Eastenders 1998, and Family Affairs 2002

Other - 1 New file - The Thames Skyline ident
RE
Re-it-er-ate
I like TV Whirl. Its just got so much stuff and hasn't got one main theme that makes it so useful! tesandco can you please put the web address back into your signature please?
TE
tesandco Founding member
Thanks. I'd forgotten about resetting the whole profile, but it's all back now.
ST
STV
Nice to see the site updated again Tesandco. Very Happy
BB
BBCNicky@Yorks
Note on TV Whirl that when you click "other" it takes you to the mistakes page....
FO
Fox
[quote="tesandco"]
[b]TV Logos - 39 New files[/b]
13 for ITV1/ITV2
8 for five
4 for the BBC Xmas section
8 for German Channel Super RTL
3 for the Freeview Tests section
3 for the TTTV Misc section[/quote]

I wonder if you have anything older from SUPER RTL, it's presentation used to be so much better when it went on air (and was more something like RTL Gold) .... and that was the good old time when German Channel still had idents (altough real continuity was nearly dead already).

It's a great site btw., I really love the Fun and TTTV Sections.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Quote:
Note on TV Whirl that when you click "other" it takes you to the mistakes page....

I hadn't noticed that one. Judging by the fact I never touched the link in this update, it must have been broken since about last August... and no-one noticed! Anyway, thanks, it's fixed now!

Quote:
I wonder if you have anything older from SUPER RTL, it's presentation used to be so much better when it went on air (and was more something like RTL Gold) .... and that was the good old time when German Channel still had idents (altough real continuity was nearly dead already).

Nothing older than last November I'm afraid. That's as long as I've had the Satellite equipment. I originally only got it so I could watch the one programme they show regularly that no-one else does. Yes, I'm insane! Be interesting to see how well this other dish I just got my hands on performs.... well just as soon as it's defrosted (Amazing what some people throw away!).
FO
Fox
Oh, something I may add to your site:

One station has real continuity (albeit canned) and idents: The NEW Tele5. And the NDR still had IVC till last autumn.
TE
tesandco Founding member
Well there's 2 channels I'll certainly have to check out now. (I probably will tomorrow, as I'll have the dish set up again). The only channels I've ever had a chance to look at so far are RTL and RTL2 (Both of which often cut straight from one programme to the next), SuperRTL (Which is on the site) and ProSieben. (Which has some nice, albeit dull programme promos).
FO
Fox
Yes, the Pro Sieben promos are very nice but the slogan "ENTERTAINMENT XXL - WELCOME TO PRO SIEBEN CITY" is really stupid. This kind of promo was introduced after the new look (which is still used, altough reduced to make more space for the promos) was very unpopular with the viewers.
TE
tesandco Founding member
The worst thing I've also found with P7's promo's is the dull time check on the end. It takes an awful lot for one sentence to send me to sleep, but that manages it. 'Montag.... Sechs uhr..... Pro Sieben.....zzzzz'. ITV should consider hiring those people for the network v/o - they have the right skills!

I was looking at your site, and found it's a bit ironic actually. Here's somebody in the UK (me) with a site looking at German Television, whilst someone in Germany (you) has a site based upon UK TV!
JA
james2001 Founding member
I feel left out in all this German channel discussion Sad I wanted to buy an analogue satellite kit, mainly so I could get MTV2 Pop, Viva & Viva Plus, but my Mum won't let me Sad

Newer posts