The Newsroom

Sky News

(April 2008)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
gillw72
Why did Sky News take so long to realise that the UK weather was a big story....It was top story on N24 long before Sky?

Strangely it was top story on the Sky News website though.....
SM
SM21
fodg09 posted:
Live At One starting tomorrow,do we know if it will be the same old from the desk rubbish or will it be in some way new and different?

Been wondering the same thing myself, but I'm prepared for yet another hour from the news desk. Although on the plus side it's set to be an hour less with this summary presenter nonsense.
JP
jpeg987
scott.milne posted:
fodg09 posted:
Live At One starting tomorrow,do we know if it will be the same old from the desk rubbish or will it be in some way new and different?

Been wondering the same thing myself, but I'm prepared for yet another hour from the news desk. Although on the plus side it's set to be an hour less with this summary presenter nonsense.

And an hour less of Kay Burley,I always felt Afternoon Live for 4 hours was too long. Sky Today with Dermot similarly.
SM
SM21
Little preview for Live at One there, although Colin branded it as "The Live Desk" some new graphics with the top stories in boxes at the side of the screen. Very fox news looking..........
:-(
A former member
Well, it's got slightly faster music, Colin Brazier is stood somewhere with lots of computers behind him, and there's lots of random unnecessary graphics. Still, it's something different I suppose.
RO
rob Founding member
Any vids/screencaps? Not near a television right now.
GI
ginnyfan
I think it is called Live Desk. It is presented from the newsroom and they also had Martin Stanford telling us what is most clicked on their web site. It looks good and it's good to have Colin on air every day.

I think there's a show called Live Desk with Martha MacCallum (something like that) on Fox News.
IM
its me
Its listed as 'The Live Desk' on Sky News website.
NG
noggin Founding member
gillw posted:
Why did Sky News take so long to realise that the UK weather was a big story....It was top story on N24 long before Sky?

Strangely it was top story on the Sky News website though.....

Wonder if they were caught on the hop in Newsgathering terms... It is very easy to lead on something on a website with a still and some text. Much more difficult to lead on it in TV terms if you have no moving pictures or live reporters/trucks on-site.

(Whilst overseas stories can be covered with agency pictures - domestic stuff usually can't...)
JO
Joshua
'Live Desk' sounds interesting, I didn't get to see it but hopefully someone managed to capture some bits.

I wonder where Colin was presenting then? Sounds like it may be just behind the fins in the newsroom or somewhere like that.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
josh205 posted:
'Live Desk' sounds interesting, I didn't get to see it but hopefully someone managed to capture some bits.

I wonder where Colin was presenting then? Sounds like it may be just behind the fins in the newsroom or somewhere like that.

Yeah, it was back there, with some of the news desks behind him and in the background you can see part of the gallery and the left edge of the newswall. Looked really good, with the very busy newsroom behind it brought back memories of the original Sky News Today.

EDIT: Just spotted there's caps here.

Pretty clear where the inspiration is from:

http://media.eyeblast.org/Thumbs/3132.jpg
BN
Breakfast News
Blake Connolly posted:
josh205 posted:

Yeah, it was back there, with some of the news desks behind him and in the background you can see part of the gallery and the left edge of the newswall. Looked really good, with the very busy newsroom behind it brought back memories of the original Sky News Today.

Yip...it did remind me a bit of the '02 version of Today!

I am wondering tho...if this is actually a try out to either spread this format, or replace Sky Today/Afternoon Live with it?

Newer posts