The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RN
Rolling News
The 6:55pm hand back to the regions to network for a summary is back for one night only tonight according to Fiona. Is this the first time they’ve done it since it was scrapped?

I assume - as with the Six only being on BBC One - that this is due to the potentially fast moving news in Westminster this evening. It is a bit like being back in 1999 though. When did News 24 start simulcasting the BBC One bulletins?

Early 2006. The short summary after the 6 was dropped when the 8pm bulletin launched in late 2007. There also used to be an update after the 10, I believe this was dropped when they started sharing the same studio as News 24 in early 2008.
NE
neonemesis
BBI45 posted:
BBC News Channel not currently taking the News at Six

How often does this happen?

dvboy posted:
It means they can cover breaking news more effectively on the News Channel while still covering other stories in the 6.

As demonstrated by a Conservative source saying that a leadership challenge is likely.

Did you get the exclusive?
BA
bilky asko
Nice to hear Adam Boulton louder than everyone else on the Six O'Clock recap on BBC One. Apparently the latest he's heard is 20 minutes.
MA
mapperuo
Absolute shambles on the BBC Live Stream of PM speech. Somehow the Sky News gallery feed was playing out on it, then the entire speech was out of sync.
BB
BBI45
Absolute shambles on the BBC Live Stream of PM speech. Somehow the Sky News gallery feed was playing out on it, then the entire speech was out of sync.

It was seemingly out of sync for every broadcaster.
MA
Markymark

Yes, I was watching C4 News, same on there, comically out lip sync, so it wasn’t ITN’s fault ?
CR
Critique
Yes, the BBC cut to a slightly different angle once Theresa May had appeared, compared to the front-on shot of the front of No. 10 they'd been showing previously - there was also a jump when the shot changed, suggesting that the (pool?) feed used wasn't synced up properly?
MA
mapperuo
BBI45 posted:

It was seemingly out of sync for every broadcaster.

Ouch! How on earth does talkback for a different broadcaster get played out on another channel. Unless Sky were the host feed.
DV
dvboy
Watching them replay now it seems Sky had a different camera angle. The BBC have synced up the sound on the replay.

If you watch this Periscope from Number 10 it looks like it's their feed that had the issue, it switches sources at the start and then the sound is out of sync.
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1PlKQywaYLaKE
MA
Markymark
Yes, the BBC cut to a slightly different angle once Theresa May had appeared, compared to the front-on shot of the front of No. 10 they'd been showing previously - there was also a jump when the shot changed, suggesting that the (pool?) feed used wasn't synced up properly?

That’s exactly how it was on C4 too
CH
chris
This is where Victoria Derbyshire falls down. The government is effectively collapsing and BBC News is running studio vox-pops.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think I've said it before, but Victoria Derbyshire (the person) just can't handle breaking news.

Newer posts