TV Home Forum

Sky Sports Revamp

Now on air (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
rdd posted:
It’s a bit garish alright, but I think that finally completes the rebrand (the other sports still using the old graphics are those now in season breaks and will presumably come back in 2018 with the new ones).

Also Sky announced a new deal with the PDC today, through to 2025.
http://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12288/11169250/darts-to-remain-on-sky-sports-after-new-seven-year-deal

That green does look bad.

Looks even worse on larger graphics, very poor.
Last edited by harshy on 15 December 2017 9:09pm
BR
Brekkie
I found it quite unreadable at first but your eyes do adjust.
HA
harshy Founding member
I found it quite unreadable at first but your eyes do adjust.

I am sure the last graphics had green but the shade of it darker.
EE
EastEngland
The last graphics had darker colours,

It's only not so easy to read, it's also distracting from watching the action because it stands out so much.
MY
MY83
https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1036953#post-1036953
EE
EastEngland
Can someone explain the graphics on The Ashes Debate right now on Sky Sports Cricket?

They are a weird combination of the last EFL era before the rebrand and the current Sky Sports EFL era?

The name-bars are exactly the same as the pre re-brand EFL coverage but the live bug in the right hand side with Bob Willis was from the current EFL generation. Why are we seeing football style red and white graphics from the past era on current generation cricket?

Also the top right graphics are going under the DOG.
Last edited by EastEngland on 19 December 2017 6:44pm
BR
Brekkie
So even though they've lost the rights Sky are still doing an Ashes show. Do BARB give figures on what proportion of the audience Aussies make up?
EE
EastEngland
It was very paired back compared to the usual cricket debate/analysis/verdict coverage. Was in the same studio as used for the F1 report. Rob Key presented with Hussain and Butcher in the studio and Bob Willis in Australia via Skype using pre-relaunch EFL style namebars.

I'm not even sure it was live. There was no live DOG during the program but when you went over to Bob Willis in Australia there was a LIVE from graphic (despite it being 5am there) in the new EFL style under the DOG (weird) and a lot of the quotes that the guests in the studio said have been on the website for many hours previously.

9 days later

RE
Rex
Two Sky Sports Christmas idents:

Main Event's Golf ident, with a Christmas feel to it:

Football's Christmas ident:

68 days later

:-(
A former member
Sky sports news has added to its top Of the hour stings /idents.
A former member
There added at least 16 new idents.... Covering a weird range or topics and sports including LGBT,old time sports, Kids, US sports, and lots and lots of football....never seen Tennis yet.
Last edited by A former member on 8 March 2018 9:38am
A former member
and of course for today:

Newer posts