TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

September 2016 onwards (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
The Oscars theme would not work every day.

Changing the theme tune each hour adds no real value.

For me, the 2014 music was the best.
JT
JamesTV
This is slightly random, but why on earth did they change the title music from the original fanfare? The current version is more suited for Lorraine!

I agree, the 2014 music was a lot better. I read somewhere that an early version of the 2015 GMB music was originally made for Lorraine but they decided against using it for Lorraine and got Sitting Duck to tweak it to bring back some elements from the 2014 GMB theme and decided to use it for GMB instead.

The Oscars theme was too OTT for even the Oscars, and having a different theme every hour would make no sense.

They should go back to the 2014 theme in my opinion, and focus on making GMB more newsy again.
JA
jackhendo
The Oscars opening sequence was probably one of the most brash, OTT and terrible things I've ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-uZ6taxQ8

There was an equally ott bit to announce the death of Pete Burns at around 650, as I was getting ready for work!
BA
bilky asko
Oscar theme was good, opening was trashy.

I thought theme was a bit crap. The lighting was dramatic, and I like that sort over-the-top thing.
AA
Aaron_2015
Apparently Piers Morgan will be in Florida next week, so he might be reporting for GMB rather than being in the studio.

Does anybody remember what DayBreak did for for the last election?
:-(
A former member

They probably led on what the candidates' wives were wearing.
NJ
news junkie

They probably led on what the candidates' wives were wearing.

I seem to remember John Stapleton in Washington DC
MW
Mike W
Daybreak weren't on air in 2010 or 2015, probably did Euro elections and Locals but certainly not a general election.

EDIT: Context is everything! Whoops! Embarassed
Last edited by Mike W on 1 November 2016 12:23pm
NA
natoswald

Well their coverage didn't start until 6.20...

BS
Ben Shatliff
They mentioned today about a special results programme next Wednesday November 9th.

Has Piers reported from Florida yet this week or will it be later in the week?
NA
natoswald
They mentioned today about a special results programme next Wednesday November 9th.

Has Piers reported from Florida yet this week or will it be later in the week?

I don't think Piers is doing anything till next week. He's filming Killer Women this week.

The results programme will have Susanna and Piers in New York and will air from 6-9.25am
RK
Rkolsen
Why do they have to hand over the program to Daybreak or in this case Good Morning Britain? The licenses are owned by the same company.

Newer posts