TV Home Forum

International Versions of UK Shows

I'm A Celebrity Australia (August 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
Ant and Dec Produced - Saturday Night Take Away USA is done.
Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris officially cancelled by NBC
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/15/nbc-cancels-best-time-ever-neil-patrick-harris

I didn't care for the show but I thought it was doomed to fail at the start. This type of variety show was probably geared towards families and the time slot changes didn't help. It's first four episodes aired at 10PM (which is past the bedtime of young school aged kids), then they moved to 8PM for the finale four episodes. Scheduling changes screw up the audience and generally are a sign of a lack of confidence in the programming. That being said the first four episodes the show had an excellent lead in with The Voice. And I assume NBC didn't want to risk loosing a significant amount of their audience from The Voice , to the Best Night Ever which would be a lousy lead in to one of their successful shows Chicago Fire.

Jut to give you a perspective on 29 September The Voice from 8-10PM had 13.6 million viewers and the second episode of The Best Time Ever lost more than half of the viewers with 5.99 million.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 16 December 2015 3:49pm
BR
Brekkie
Yes, 10pm never made sense. It didn't do quite as badly as I feared it would, but no surprise it's a one series wonder - these sort of shows just don't stick on US TV.
MO
Mouseboy33
Yes, 10pm never made sense. It didn't do quite as badly as I feared it would, but no surprise it's a one series wonder - these sort of shows just don't stick on US TV.

What was the last variety show that didnt stick?
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 17 December 2015 9:33pm
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
The trailer for 'The Beast' on The Chase Australia in 2016

AN
Andrew Founding member
They do overdo how dramatic the chasers are in these international versions. It's more light and pantomime on our one. Our trailer for when The Vixen joined wasn't exactly in that style!
NB
NicB1971
Sorry to say this but I can't stand the new Chaser - she just does seem to carry the same amount of clout as the others nor does she have the same pleasant personality traits (even when the Chasers are being "hard"). She just comes across as not a nice person and full of herself.

77 days later

SE
I'm A Celeb Australia is currently airing its 2nd series.

The titles I think are an improvement on the UK version but the theme has been messed with a bit too much. The presenting is 'interesting'.

SE
I stumbled on the Hungarian version of The Cube (A Kocka). I wonder if Christine Bleakley is 'The Body' in this version too Very Happy

FL
flaziola
Looks to me like they are using the UK body. Although that presenter looks like she could have done it herself.

Newer posts