TV Home Forum

Daybreak relaunch with Lorraine and Aled

From 6am Monday (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DK
DanielK
Matt on location in Surrey talking to victims, Richard out in the eye of the storm and Helen is in the studio with John.
TW
tweedledum
Lorraine Kelly is leaving Daybreak, but continuing Lorraine. Replacement announced in the next week...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/lorraine-kelly-leave-daybreak-stay-3147356

Who will it be?

I think this will "trigger " Kate to leave
Last edited by tweedledum on 15 February 2014 9:22am - 2 times in total
HB
HarryB
Lorraine Kelly is leaving Daybreak, but continuing Lorraine. Replacement in the next week

This is a surprise, I thought Lorraine would be a 'stayer' on Daybreak. But it's good to see her doing a full week now of Lorraine.

The replacement will be announced next week, not presenting I wouldn't think.
TW
tweedledum
Lorraine Kelly is leaving Daybreak, but continuing Lorraine. Replacement in the next week

This is a surprise, I thought Lorraine would be a 'stayer' on Daybreak. But it's good to see her doing a full week now of Lorraine.

Yeah i know, the new presenter is likely to begin in September
HB
HarryB

Yeah i know, the new presenter is likely to begin in September

Or even when the program gets rebranded to Good Morning Britain, if that plan is still happening soon
JA
jamesrl
I'm surprised Lorraine is the first to quit - I thought Aled would be the first of the two to leave.

I can't see them keeping Aled now that Lorraine is quitting - not when it has been rumoured that he's the one that'll be out for so long.
CH
chris
Ever since they announced Lorraine was to be on Daybreak I thought it would be a short-term thing, like when Trevor McDonald came back to relaunch News at Ten. Use a big(ish) name to garner some attention in the hope that the viewers will stay.
BA
bazinga
I liked Lorraine on Daybreak to be honest, to me it sounds like they've offered her to go back to her show instead of Axing her completley. I think Kate Garraway will also be axed, or as they usually put it 'moving on to something new'. I wonder if they'll keep Matt and Ranvir?

Also, her replacements? just putting it out there, i think it will be someone low profile or a familiar face. Maybe someone from a news channel. imo.
BR
Brekkie
If they've got Lorraine five days a week I think the best bet now is to let that start at 8am and let Matt and Ranvir host from 6-8am rather than throwing more money at Daybreak itself.
Stuart and watchingtv gave kudos
DK
DanielK
Interesting. IMO, until Lorraine retires, she will always be one of the face of ITV. She will probably still appear on Daybreak for specials or for interviews etc.
WA
watchingtv
On Facebook

On itv.com

http://www.itv.com/daybreak/hot-topics/lorraine-kelly-announces-departure-from-daybreak
BA
bazinga
If they've got Lorraine five days a week I think the best bet now is to let that start at 8am and let Matt and Ranvir host from 6-8am rather than throwing more money at Daybreak itself.

I completley disagree, it will fail even more. In reality ITV would never do this.

Newer posts