TV Home Forum

Daybreak relaunch with Lorraine and Aled

From 6am Monday (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
It seems like only yesterday we were gearing up to discuss the launch and yet the time has come again, so as is custom this thread will open just before 6am on Monday when the existing one will be closed.
RO
rob Founding member
I'm live blogging the relaunch for TV Live Extra, you can view it here

TV Live will also have images and video up throughout the morning. Daybreak and Lorraine pages are now online.
TG
TG
Set reminding me very much of GMTV in its heyday...
DK
DanielK
Looks good, sounds good! Looking forward to the rest of the show!
IT
IanT
Very informative opening. I'm liking the new set.

As well as themes from GMTV, there's a nod to the TV-am days too.
JO
Joshua
A very news-agenda led opening. Already 6:05 andwe've had a good few stories covered.

Really liking the graphics and the new music is quite good too. The set is different from what I was expecting and theres still quite a bit of it to see I imagine.
JK
JK08
Is is safe to day that 'georgebligh' was talking out of his rear and didn't have a clue what he was on about?
The first hour will open with all 4 presenters. They will talk about the new show and also give viewers the line up for the days show. Then the first regional news output will be at 6.07am then after that Matt and Ranvir will be doing the news.
TG
TG
Also note Matt and Ranvir are sitting on the 'other' side of the sofa...
SR
SomeRandomStuff
Hmmm... its very different. Matt and Ranvir are far more credible to present the news. Why didn't they just give them the entire programme? I have a sneaking suspicion this hour is going to be the best part.

Music is DIRE... I don't like that they've robbed the rings from the BBC.
ST
Stuart
It's GMTV, in all but name! Laughing
RO
rob Founding member
I like the music, the titles are too busy. Set looks OK so far. Far too much Gotham used in the graphics, and the clock is far too big.
SR
SomeRandomStuff
...and Granada get a slap for a terrible opt. Hardly a surprise considering Granada Reports are **** AWFUL

...and ITV need to get rid of those stupid weather symbols... THEY TELL US NOTHING

Newer posts