TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

(May 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
I was very surprised to find out how the name of Roy's father is spelt. I have never come across that name in written form before.
DJ
DJ Dave
JAS84 posted:
DJGM posted:
The "new look" Rovers Return has been officially revealed on ITV.com

Bit of a joke really, the new pub opens on May 26th... It's the 16th now, and in 10 days time it's going to go from a shell of a building to fully refitted...??? Stella has not even got the money yet to pay for it?
I read a synopsis saying that she was going to ask Leanne - who just got some money from Carla and Rob buying her share of the bookies.

Already happened and Leanne said only if she dumps Karl. Yet, her mother has come into some money from her dead ex and this story is still ongoing.

Ok so tonight Stella has got the money together, but eh... Just over a week to get a shell fully fitted out with a bar and living accommodation... They need to live in the real world!

46 minute makeover team are coming in. Laughing
AM
amosc100
David posted:
I was very surprised to find out how the name of Roy's father is spelt. I have never come across that name in written form before.

I have not seen it yet, but is it spelt St John, by any chance. Only asking as I remember something from the old Airwolf days and it always stuck with me the way they spelt St John's name!
NI
Nicky
The British Soap Awards were held tonight (they'll be broadcast tomorrow evening on ITV). Great news for Corrie, they won a very impressive eight awards. Compare that to EastEnders who only won one - the Lifetime Achievement Award for Adam Woodyatt. Laughing

David posted:

I have not seen it yet, but is it spelt St John, by any chance. Only asking as I remember something from the old Airwolf days and it always stuck with me the way they spelt St John's name!

Yes, that's how it's spelt.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that Sylvia Goodwin is perhaps the finest new character to grace the cobbles in years. Stephanie Cole is doing a brilliant job - her scene last night insisting that Roy was nothing like St. John was wonderfully poignant and intense, as was Roy's confusion about the whole thing.
PT
Put The Telly On
The British Soap Awards were held tonight (they'll be broadcast tomorrow evening on ITV).
Great news for Corrie, they won a very impressive eight awards. Compare that to EastEnders who only won one - the Lifetime Achievement Award for Adam Woodyatt.
Laughing

That's interesting as The Soap Awards are usually a big EE-fest.
BA
bilky asko
The British Soap Awards were held tonight (they'll be broadcast tomorrow evening on ITV).
Great news for Corrie, they won a very impressive eight awards. Compare that to EastEnders who only won one - the Lifetime Achievement Award for Adam Woodyatt.
Laughing

That's interesting as The Soap Awards are usually a big EE-fest.

No, that's the BAFTAs you're thinking of:
http://static.bafta.org/images/width430/dsc-0770-21350.jpg
JE
Jez Founding member
Well done Corrie, very well deserved its been a great year!
ST
Stuart
I'm increasingly of the opinion that Sylvia Goodwin is perhaps the finest new character to grace the cobbles in years. Stephanie Cole is doing a brilliant job - her scene last night insisting that Roy was nothing like St. John was wonderfully poignant and intense, as was Roy's confusion about the whole thing.

Stephanie's character isn't so new, as she first graced the cobbles back in 2011: although recently had a long absence while staying with her friend Milton in the US.

I completely agree with your view of the recent St John storyline. It's been very well written and excellently portrayed by both Stephanie Cole and David Neilson.
Last edited by Stuart on 19 May 2013 1:47pm
WE
Westy2

Stephanie's character isn't so new, as she first graced the cobbles back in 2011: although recently had a long absence while staying with her friend Milton in the US.

I completely agree with your view of the recent St John storyline. It's been very well written and excellently portrayed by both Stephanie Cole and David Neilson.

Milton of course played by 'Napoleon Solo' from 'The Man From Uncle' himself(Most recently Albert in 'Hustle!), Robert Vaughan !

Wonder why acting 'legends' are lowering their expectations thesedays?

You wouldn't have seen them at their peak in 'a continuing drama series', as Granada refers to Corrie!
CR
City Road

Milton of course played by 'Napoleon Solo' from 'The Man From Uncle' himself(Most recently Albert in 'Hustle!), Robert Vaughan !

Wonder why acting 'legends' are lowering their expectations thesedays?

You wouldn't have seen them at their peak in 'a continuing drama series', as Granada refers to Corrie!

Because they're old and could do with the work?
ST
stevek2
Chewy posted:
Glad they got rid of the silly "Landlady" title on Betty's picture

I'd like to know where I can get my framed photos fireproofed
BA
bilky asko
Chewy posted:
Glad they got rid of the silly "Landlady" title on Betty's picture

I'd like to know where I can get my framed photos fireproofed

Well one is already patented: http://www.google.com/patents/US7451562

Newer posts