The Gallery

Developing BBC News (UPDATED)

New concept, graphics and colour scheme (August 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NI
Nicky
I'm still not convinced. As others have already told you countless times, the font you've used for "NEWS" would simply never be considered for use on-screen - that "W" looks awkward and rather like two overlapping "V"s. Good designers tend to work with clean, simple and easily readable fonts that still look visually appealing.

As for the title shots: well, there's not a lot of feedback to offer here. I actually think it looks worse than the current Breakfast title sequence. Those rings look too thick, out of proportion and rather like a ribcage.

All in all your mocks are a poor retooling of the current BBC News clunkiness rather than a fresh new solution.
BR
Brekkie
Kind of agree with Nicky on this one - that W needs changing and I'm wanting more than just the colour of the logo to be changed - this feels like exactly the same concept they've already been using for far too long.
DO
dosxuk
When did I say I was recolouring the existing titles? I didn't. I have an entirely new concept for the titles.
AA
Aaron_2015
When did I say I was recolouring the existing titles? I didn't. I have an entirely new concept for the titles.

Let's just backtrack one moment; when did I post a set of titles?
HB
HarryB

Didn't really want to get involved but whats this mean then?
More is yet to come, including Breakfast graphics and titles, plus BBC News titles and a title card
SN
The SNT Three

Didn't really want to get involved but whats this mean then?
More is yet to come, including Breakfast graphics and titles, plus BBC News titles and a title card

He hasn't posted any yet. Hence him asking, "when did I post a set of titles?". Rolling Eyes
AA
Aaron_2015
I'm looking into building a responsive website for News On Demand, does anybody know the best way to go about that? I'd appreciate any help Smile .
SR
SomeRandomStuff
I'd appreciate any help Smile .

There is a vast quantity of evidence to the contrary.
AA
Aaron_2015
I'd appreciate any help Smile .

There is a vast quantity of evidence to the contrary.

As usual, very helpful SRS.
DO
dosxuk
I'm looking into building a responsive website for News On Demand, does anybody know the best way to go about that? I'd appreciate any help Smile .

That's a very vague question. What HTML experience do you have? Do you know what a flexbox is? Have you got a favourite JavaScript framework (e.g. JQuery / Angular)? What software do you have at your disposal? Are you intending to publish this for people to browse themselves, or just to create screen grabs / videos? Are you intending to have actual media embedded in the pages?
AA
Aaron_2015

That's a very vague question. What HTML experience do you have? Do you know what a flexbox is? Have you got a favourite JavaScript framework (e.g. JQuery / Angular)? What software do you have at your disposal? Are you intending to publish this for people to browse themselves, or just to create screen grabs / videos? Are you intending to have actual media embedded in the pages?

It was a vague question because I don't have the knowledge to go into detail... I have very little coding experience (and I simply don't have the time to gain any more).

Maybe it would be better to create an animation instead.
JU
Justin

It was a vague question because I don't have the knowledge to go into detail... I have very little coding experience (and I simply don't have the time to gain any more).

You would probably need to learn JavaScript, HTML, CSS and jQuery. Around 5 minutes of research on Google would've answered your question about making the website or even just using "Inspect Element" on the BBC News website. Do research before posting.
Maybe it would be better to create an animation instead

Do you have knowledge on how to make an animation then? Again, I recommend that you ponder ideas in your mind rather than just posting it here without doing research.

Newer posts