The Newsroom

Chris Eakin leaves BBC News

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (May 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Spectacular1
Chris Eakin's last ever shift now on BBC News
RO
Ronant
Chris Eakin's last ever shift now on BBC News

Very, very sad, always enjoyed Chris's style. Have thought for a long time he should be more prominent but he seems to have been rather sidelined.

Wasn't he one of the News 24 originals? Think he started with the 6-9am slot?
bkman1990, salfordjohn and bilky asko gave kudos
BA
bilky asko

SP
Spectacular1
Wonder whether he left voulenterarly or he was no longer needed because of that new 'One Show' style programme on the BBC News Channel in the morning?
AM
amrob2
Today is Chris Eakin's last day on the news channel, so just before one pm today, this happened:

Nicely done by whoever came up with that idea! Laughing
AM
amrob2
Just in case nobody saw it, this happened just before one pm...

Nicely done by whoever came up with that idea! Very Happy
VM
VMPhil
And a final goodbye with Simon McCoy just before 2pm, with clips from his time on BBC News including a clip from presumably just after the launch of BBC News 24.

RK
Rkolsen
Today is Chris Eakin's last day on the news channel, so just before one pm today, this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ebnq_KjHxA

Nicely done by whoever came up with that idea! Laughing

I've seen this happen before in the US during final shows. It's very neat and a funny last goodbye.

Any idea as to what timeslot he will be anchoring on World? Also is being an anchor on World considered a promotion?
HB
HarryB
I've seen this happen before in the US during final shows. It's very neat and a funny last goodbye.

Any idea as to what timeslot he will be anchoring on World? Also is being an anchor on World considered a promotion?

No where has anyone said he's going to BBC World!? Not all News channel presenters move on to World you know.
RK
Rkolsen

No where has anyone said he's going to BBC World!? Not all News channel presenters move on to World you know.

Based on this tweet:

I assumed he's going to world because he only said he was leaving the news channel.

Edit : But after reading the tweet a second time and how he mentioned "into the big wide world" makes me realize he left the organization. I interpreted the first part as him repeating the question people have asked.

I stand corrected.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 28 May 2015 5:00pm
DO
dosxuk

Based on this tweet:

I assumed he's going to world because he only said he was only leaving the news channel.

"I'm leaving the BBC"
JW
JamesWorldNews
Chris Eakin is not coming to BBC World. He's leaving the BBC completely.

Newer posts