TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - the launch

(April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
ASO
I've just checked and you're right. As important as it is for the rest of the UK it's obviously more important for Scotland so why is GMB extended if they aren't covering Scotland? Just seems weird to me that they are extending the show because of the referendum but because of STV we won't see it.

It's extended, because the rest of the UK is affected by it a lot more than you think.

STV will show a special program at the same time called 'Scotland This Morning: How the Nation voted'.

Obviously, it was you lot who voted so you will rightfully so, have a different program which will be more specific to Scotland.

Whatever the outcome of the vote, the future of the UK will be changed forever. That's why they're extending it. Because it affects us a enormous amount.

This is a good decision.
DE
declan
ASO posted:
I've just checked and you're right. As important as it is for the rest of the UK it's obviously more important for Scotland so why is GMB extended if they aren't covering Scotland? Just seems weird to me that they are extending the show because of the referendum but because of STV we won't see it.

It's extended, because the rest of the UK is affected by it a lot more than you think.

STV will show a special program at the same time called 'Scotland This Morning: How the Nation voted'.

Obviously, it was you lot who voted so you will rightfully so, have a different program which will be more specific to Scotland.

Whatever the outcome of the vote, the future of the UK will be changed forever. That's why they're extending it. Because it affects us a enormous amount.

This is a good decision.

I agree, the UK will change forever if Scotland does choose yes - which as I've said I hope we don't - but in all honesty because I am voting no I'm actually so very pro-union that I wish the money that was spent on the yes campaign had just been spent on serious issues in Scotland/UK i.e. foodbank crisis as opposed to this campaign. That is why I'd much rather just enjoy an extended GMB and not bloody McKay and his overally boostful voice at 7 in the morning Rolling Eyes
GM
Gary McEwan
ASO posted:

This is a good decision.

I agree, the UK will change forever if Scotland does choose yes - which as I've said I hope we don't - but in all honesty because I am voting no I'm actually so very pro-union that I wish the money that was spent on the yes campaign had just been spent on serious issues in Scotland/UK i.e. foodbank crisis as opposed to this campaign. That is why I'd much rather just enjoy an extended GMB and not bloody McKay and his overally boostful voice at 7 in the morning Rolling Eyes

He'll certainly wake people up in the morning that's for sure...
DK
DanielK
Someone forgot to cut the Entertainment ticker when the regions opted away, so it stayed until after the TOTH. Now no ticker on screen.
TV
TV Archive
There's going to be a musical performance after 8:20. This should be interesting...
DK
DanielK
The GMB set is one of few that looks half decent with the lights dimmed.
TO
TODAY
It was nice to finally see a music performance on GMB this morning, I think it worked well.
DF
DrewF
It appears they've finally given in with the recorded introductions on regional bulletins.
DK
DanielK
DrewF posted:
It appears they've finally given in with the recorded introductions on regional bulletins.

How long have they been off for?
BA
bazinga
DrewF posted:

They were on all last week here in Scotland, could just be your region.
DK
DanielK
DrewF posted:

I was watching on ITV.com, may be due to this week or that Ben wasn't in studio on time today.
GM
Gary McEwan
DrewF posted:

I was watching on ITV.com, may be due to this week or that Ben wasn't in studio on time today.

I don't think they have had regional handovers on ITV.com. After the sting it usually goes into the headline music.

Newer posts