The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - new newswall

From 14 October 2013 (topic split) (October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
fodg09
Interesting, I thought they might not continue with the daily business show - I guess this means Boulton isn't getting the 7pm slot. Unless there is going to be a wider schedule rethink of course.
Last edited by fodg09 on 3 February 2014 3:52pm
WA
watchingtv
I wonder if 6pm slot is going to be shaken up? Make it compete more against other News channels
SK
skyviewer
I thought the name Boulton&Co will be completely scrapped due to the fact that Adam isn't Political Editor anymore.
JI
jimmyslash
Has anyone come across Ian King? Any idea what he is like as a presenter?

In the early day's of Jeff Randall live it was on once a week(Monday) and Ian King was a regular sidekick he was working for
The Sun at the time. He was quite good as a commentator-only time will tell if he will be a good presenter
WO
Worzel
Do Sky News make any use of the new Newswall? It may just be when I tune in, but the only time I see it used it when the camera just points at it from the desk. Is it utilised for stood-pres?

BTW, came across this recent Behind the Scenes of the paper review showing the iPad in use from the presenters perspective.

FO
fodg09
Do Sky News make any use of the new Newswall? It may just be when I tune in, but the only time I see it used it when the camera just points at it from the desk. Is it utilised for stood-pres?

They seem to use a good bit during the day - quite effectively as well. There was some great 'info graphics' on the big screen for the floods coverage last week.
JK
JK08
25 Years of Sky News promo; Sky presenters saying 'thank you' to a camera
RO
rob Founding member
Video...

:-(
A former member
How many thanks you videos clips were made?
JA
Jasper
How many thanks you videos clips were made?

More worryingly, can you imagine if the presenters kept fluffing their line, and they needed multiple takes? Shocked
AJ
AJ

Incredibly cringe-worthy.
RO
rob Founding member
In full, the first bulletin from Sky News:

VMPhil, bilky asko and AJ gave kudos

Newer posts