Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HC
Hatton Cross
Jonwo posted:

I believe Australia was the first English speaking territory to debut the format. It has some features that don’t feature in the other versions like questions to select a contestant to play which I believe was later dropped.

Although to be fair to the Australian production team, that's how it was played on the Dutch original and probably had to be done that way when Endemol Australia got the commission.

Playing the box opening game, was for the winner of the quiz, the way they got their prize money.

Over time, the final game was so strong that it just didn't need the quiz as a show and format bolt on.
DB
dbl
In-depth explanation of how BBC News on BBC One opts out for regional news/HD/sustaining feed and how Mozart helps quite a bit. Very interesting
Mike W, Anglialad and London Lite gave kudos
DE
DE88
Time for me to post a video on this great thread for the final time. I expect that this will be the last video I post on all of TVF, too. Crying or Very sad

I wanted to post the closing moments of the original run of Grand Prix on the BBC, which seemed very appropriate given Murray Walker's recent passing and the fact that this run lasted the best part of (guess how long?) 20 years - only to find that FOM had blocked it from being displayed outside of YouTube. Mad

So instead, the closing moments of another long-running programme's original run. No doubt these moments have been viewed many times before, and also this programme came back less than two years later. However, the recording here is different to the one on TV Ark, and features a bit extra on either side - though it does feature the exact same announcement leading into the programme, because that was how things in that particular part of the country worked then. Wink

Yes, the closing moments of News at Ten's original run, taken from Tyne Tees. Wink

I certainly hope to post many more videos on Rob's new forum. Thumbs up Thumbs up
Skid, Anglialad and London Lite gave kudos
NB
nbafan89
DE88 posted:
Time for me to post a video on this great thread for the final time. I expect that this will be the last video I post on all of TVF, too. Crying or Very sad

I wanted to post the closing moments of the original run of Grand Prix on the BBC, which seemed very appropriate given Murray Walker's recent passing and the fact that this run lasted the best part of (guess how long?) 20 years - only to find that FOM had blocked it from being displayed outside of YouTube. Mad

So instead, the closing moments of another long-running programme's original run. No doubt these moments have been viewed many times before, and also this programme came back less than two years later. However, the recording here is different to the one on TV Ark, and features a bit extra on either side - though it does feature the exact same announcement leading into the programme, because that was how things in that particular part of the country worked then. Wink

Yes, the closing moments of News at Ten's original run, taken from Tyne Tees. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg0CqPpjVsU

I certainly hope to post many more videos on Rob's new forum. Thumbs up Thumbs up

and for my final, final post here it also includes the weather forecast at the end with my favourite weathergen

Newer posts