The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
QMB not on air tonight. He said on yesterday's programme that he was going travelling to film again and HE wouldn't be presenting the programme today. But instead of still producing the programme with a substitute anchor, they have decided just to simulcast US instead. What a surprise Rolling Eyes
(Awful continuity too, as they played the 'QMB is coming up next' graphics a minute before.)
Again, no reason for the US simulcast- no big breaking news - but just apparent laziness and disregard for CNNI viewers.
TM
TMD_24
Lucky it wasn't replaced by Business Traveler or World Of Wonder filters. Razz
WI
wilmington
The Lead is covering int'l stories, so all good for CNNI viewers.
MA
Meridian AM
They used to still air QMB with cover hosts if Richard was away. CNNI viewers, like me, who tune in specifically for QMB never know if it's actually going to appear these days.
On CNNI it's just a constant CNN US simulcast, a couple of World Sports and pre recorded programming from now until First Move on Monday afternoon.
Last edited by Meridian AM on 19 March 2021 8:44pm
TM
TMD_24
Noticed that it's Pamala Brown covering The Situation Room which is the first time I can remember her covering that show for Wolf. Don't know if she's going to be the regular cover for that show now that Jim Acosta is in another role or whether this will just be a one off.
NZ
nznewser
Has everyone read the news that the TV Forum website is closing on 31 March 2021? It just came up as a banner when I logged in, I hadn't realised until now it was closing down! How are we going to keep track of what CNN (and others!) are up to and keep the conversation going? I will particularly miss the sharing of memories from the old days of CNN. Hopefully something will emerge that we can keep track of what's going on!

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/and-finally-46723
SP
Steve in Pudsey
See the websites subforum (or read the thread you linked to) Rob at TVLive is launching a new forum as this one closes.
DE88, nznewser and rob gave kudos
NZ
nznewser
See the websites subforum (or read the thread you linked to) Rob at TVLive is launching a new forum as this one closes.

Hadn't got that far down to see that post but that's great will be getting straight onto that forum when it launches Smile
LO
LivefromORL
Spent some time trying to see how CNNI could improve their schedule output while optimizing studio/bureau/staff output (no dual output from Atlanta or NY, streamlined blocks for production staff, no more than 60 minutes between live news, etc.). If you'd like to provide feedback, the comments feature of google sheets is turned on and comments are definitely welcome:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11s-z1EkkUlnltUSwRlpNlSkdHLg9okwdQSDtwPYM3P8/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by LivefromORL on 20 March 2021 6:10pm
GI
ginnyfan
Well that's very interesting and I like it but it looks like science fiction, at this point, and with this new CNNI we have. Sadly.
nznewser, LivefromORL and Meridian AM gave kudos
VI
Viakenny
Last Monday, CNN Brasil, in honor of its first anniversary, has refreshed the on-air look of most its programming (programs with an * weren't affected, as they were either relaunched earlier or were more recent additions to the schedule):

CNN Novo Dia (6-11am):

Live CNN Brasil (11am-1:30pm - the Novo Dia theme was playing through the headline sequence, but the Live theme was played on the close)

Visão CNN * (1:30-3:30pm, which actually relaunched last September, when Carla Vilhena took over the bulletin):

CNN 360" * (3:30-6pm - also relaunched in September, with the arrival of Glória Vanique, previously at TV Globo)

CNN Prime Time * (6-7:30pm, launched last November, after Márcio Gomes, another Globo alum, was hired by the Brazilian CNN franchise):

Expresso CNN (7:30-9:30pm):

Jornal da CNN (9:30-10:30pm):

Agora CNN (11:30pm-1am, previously at 4-6am):
Mouseboy33 and LivefromORL gave kudos
CF
CallumF
Think this will probably be Amara’s biggest audience so far:

Newer posts