The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Yes if anything the main gap she leaves is on the female cover roster as presumably Ben will now do Business.

We may see more of Nina Warhurst
IT
itsrobert Founding member
No great loss - I was never particularly fond of her delivery style and don't think she was that well suited to hard news. I suspect she'll probably fare better in the sort of light entertainment role she's moving to.
BR
Brekkie
Talking of Breakfast and C4 worth noting that C4 are showing a documentary on Bill Turnbull on Thursday night at 10pm.
RN
Rolling News
I'm sure Stephs a nice person but I was never a fan. I much preferred the more subtle personalities of Declan Curry and Simon Jack who came before her. Come to think of it, I'm not really a fan of anyone on Breakfast these days apart from Charlie Stayt - I find them all far too egositical. Much rather watch Piers and Susanna on the other side.
SN
The SNT Three
I'm sure Stephs a nice person but I was never a fan. I much preferred the more subtle personalities of Declan Curry and Simon Jack who came before her. Come to think of it, I'm not really a fan of anyone on Breakfast these days apart from Charlie Stayt - I find them all far too egositical. Much rather watch Piers and Susanna on the other side.

They're all egotistical but you'd sooner watch Piers Morgan?? Surprised
JC
JCB

Did you actually read that back before clicking submit?
NE
Newsroom
Shame Steph’s leaving the Beeb. I think people forget Susanna Reid is a journalist these days when they see her sat next to that unspeakable co-host.

The Steph Show sounds like she’s dumbing down and will possibly lose her credibility as a news journalist.

Can’t see Ben Thompson taking that role permanently. He’s mentioned on Instagram that he likes the right mix of his work.
NE
News96

AN
Andrew Founding member
All the studio lighting turned green this morning and we had computer generated bats flying across the screen. This was for the Halloween based Business News.
BR
Brekkie
A week early aren't they?
AndrewPSSP and Lou Scannon gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member
For anybody interested in behind the scenes stuff, I was lucky enough to watch Mike Bushell's live piece to camera this morning. I've put some images and a video up online.

https://tv-live.co.uk/behind-the-scenes-mike-bushell-interview/
Stuart and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
MA
Markymark
rob posted:
For anybody interested in behind the scenes stuff, I was lucky enough to watch Mike Bushell's live piece to camera this morning. I've put some images and a video up online.

https://tv-live.co.uk/behind-the-scenes-mike-bushell-interview/

As the upkeep of Overton comes out of my council tax, I'm alarmed that the van might have backed into that wall ! ?

Newer posts