BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Soapy swore! 😳
JW
JamesWorldNews
And Kirsty Wark swore too. Twice. On NewsNight.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I think he might be semi-retired, which would explain why he isn't on much anymore - he is 72, after all.

An excellent point. If his absence from the screen is through his own choice then that is fair enough.
SW
Steve Williams
Soapy swore! 😳

Just to put this in some kind of context, on his report on the Mueller report on the Ten, Jon Sopel said that it contained "strong language", and when they reported one of the Trump quotes. although the words on the screen were censored, Sopel read it out. I wonder if that's the first time it's been deliberately said on BBC News?
JW
JamesWorldNews
I recall a reporter swore in the Newsnight studio a few weeks ago, quoting someone in the UK parliament. Apart from Soapy using the F word last night, Kirsty Wark wins the award for the most eloquent pronunciation of the F word during a live news broadcast by a news presenter.
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes it was a cabinet minister that was quoted on Newsnight:

RD
RDJ
Huw’s in on a Sunday! That’s a rarity!
RN
Rolling News
Good to see in my opinion. I think the likes of Huw, Fiona and Sophie should help out occasionally at weekends instead of the usual faces! Am I right in saying the senior newsreaders on ITV, such as Mary, Julie and Alastair do the weekend bulletins on occasion?
SuperSajuuk and watchingtv gave kudos
GM
Gary McEwan
Good to see in my opinion. I think the likes of Huw, Fiona and Sophie should help out occasionally at weekends instead of the usual faces! Am I right in saying the senior newsreaders on ITV, such as Mary, Julie and Alastair do the weekend bulletins on occasion?

They've even had Tom come in and do a rare Sunday bulletin.
RN
Rolling News
Long day for Simon McCoy today - he did 9-2 on the News Channel this morning (including the lunchtime bulletin on One) and appears to be doing the evening bulletins tonight.
AS
AlexS
Long day for Simon McCoy today - he did 9-2 on the News Channel this morning (including the lunchtime bulletin on One) and appears to be doing the evening bulletins tonight.

He finished straight after the lunchtime bulletin with Lukwesa starting at 13:20 and there is no reason to think he is doing the evening bulletins. Looks like Ben Bland has done the briefing, Business Live (with Ben Thompson) and Talking business over on world though.
MB
Media Boy
But he is.... ha ha ha

Newer posts