The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast

From 6am (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
DTV posted:
So lets get this straight, BBC News would not let its journalists do work for the BBC Comedy Show 'The Bubble' for fears that it would damage the Beeb's journalistic integrity and would mean that its journalists would not be taken seriously - yet an odd comedy skit is OK?

While I have no problem with the BBC doing things like this if they want, It does seem like a bit of flawed logic.

Yes. Being on The Bubble would involve newsreaders reading out fake news stories. Making a video for a song does not involve such a thing. Do you understand?
IL
i-lied
Is it the same reason why they do Children in Need?
SA
salfordjohn
No 'End' to the programme today, Louise and Charlie directly introduced the next BBC1 programme - a D-Day documentery presented by Sophie Raworth
ST
Stuart
No 'End' to the programme today, Louise and Charlie directly introduced the next BBC1 programme - a D-Day documentery presented by Sophie Raworth

Is that perhaps because it was another BBC News programme, or that they had over-run?
SA
salfordjohn
Definately not to do with over-running, if anything the documentary started at 9.14am.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Was the documentary on the News Channel as well?
SA
salfordjohn
No. Just BBC1. And they's been doing the same all week, part 3 of the documentary this morning (Wednesday).

9 days later

CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Charlie was off sick (according to Breakfast's twitter) so this morning it was Naga & Louise presenting.
DF
DrewF
Charlie was off sick (according to Breakfast's twitter) so this morning it was Naga & Louise presenting.

Posted this in the Presenters thread earlier but here it is again:

JW
JamesWorldNews
Who is the John McGuire who's presenting with Naga Munchetty tomorrow? Is he new?
DF
DrewF
Who is the John McGuire who's presenting with Naga Munchetty tomorrow? Is he new?

He's a reporter on Breakfast who's covered the odd Sunday in recent months.
AS
ASO
DrewF posted:

He's a reporter on Breakfast who's covered the odd Sunday in recent months.

I really like him actually. He's professional and fun too.

Newer posts