The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast

From 6am (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AM
amosc100
I actually quite enjoyed that little Breakfast version! Shows that they can have a laugh instead of being serious all the time. Nice shots of Salford Quays as well Smile
PE
Pete Founding member
VM
VMPhil
Pete posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jij1CscGxkY

(Psst... I think you've posted this in the wrong thread)
PE
Pete Founding member
Pete posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jij1CscGxkY

(Psst... I think you've posted this in the wrong thread)

I know. But i'm sticking with it
neonemesis and VMPhil gave kudos
SA
salfordjohn
Beam me Up!!
Nice touch - beaming John and Naga off the sofa as they hand to the regional news after talking about teleportation.
RO
roo
or presenters dancing around half naked for Children in Need?

(yes.)
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
Did anyone else spot Philip Neville live on the Breakfast sofa but also on the news channel sports day section? I always thought the news channel output was live. And before you suggest - it was not his brother.
NE
neonemesis
Were the aired at the same time? If not it's pretty simple for him to wander from the Breakfast studio BBC Sport with them both being in Salford
CY
cylon6
I think Breakfast could do with a bigger studio but they get the mix of news and features right.

Why? I always thought that TC7 was a cavernous waste of space. Most of the studio wasn't even used on Breakfast.

All you need is enough space for a sofa, an alternative presenting position (such as Steph's table) and a performance area for occasional use.

The NWT/Breakfast studio at Quay House may be quite modest, but I think they make excellent use of the space. You don't need much more than that, do you?
The ceiling is too low. Makes the studio look more cramped than TC7. And they only used a small corner of that.
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
Were the aired at the same time? If not it's pretty simple for him to wander from the Breakfast studio BBC Sport with them both being in Salford

Yes same time just after the 0830 start. I often flick over to see what's leading - I only did it today as he was a sports' guest with Mike Bushell and fancied a headline catch up - flicked over and there he was.
IL
i-lied
Has Louise been promoted to take Susanna's place and is Naga taking Louise's old slot?
AS
ASO
Has Louise been promoted to take Susanna's place and is Naga taking Louise's old slot?

Replacement will be announced in Autumn. The BBC have said this on their own website. Perhaps thats when Kate Silverton comes back from maternity leave.

Newer posts