TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - confirmed

Susanna Reid to join revamped ITV breakfast show (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CC
Cross Channel
Ignore bazinga - thanks Newsroominsider and anoilyrag for the info and making this thread barely readable once again. I certainly hadn't seen about there being more local news and certainly wasn't expecting that, so that's a good move.

As brilliant as you say it all looks I just hope they're allowed to stick with their initial vision and the show is allowed to grow - if there are any lessons from Daybreak to be learned that really should be the one. I just fear though by September it'll be GMTV v3 if ratings don't pick up.

P.S. If there is going to be any kind of promo campaign I'd have thought tonight was the night to launch it.

My mistake. They might be planning to release the promo tonight during prime time? Or, Friday the 25th, a little unlikely but sounds right if they don't want to much fuss over the new show?

First promo airs next weekend in BGT
HJ
HJL
First promo airs next weekend in BGT

Considering the mass of press coverage when it was confirmed that Susanna Reid would be joining ITV Breakfast, I am surprised to hear that they won't be making a strong ad campaign for the new series. I understand that the content will draw large audiences, but unless theres adequate advertising people won't transfer from BBC Breakfast, at least until there are some issues in the BBC programme!
NI
NewsroomInsider
I don't know about any promos but they are trying to go for a 'soft launch'. After previous failures you can understand why they are trying to not create expectations.
NE
neilly
Thanks again to Cross Channel, Anoilyrag and Newsroominsider for the information it's very much appreciated. As I thought they are going for a very low key launch. I'm a bit surprised there is not a little more promotion i.e. the likes of the new presenting team appearing on other ITV daytime shows like This Morning, Loose Women etc. to make people aware of the GMB launch.

Also, is there any information about the revamp for Lorraine's show. They would be under a lot of time pressure if they had only one weekend to revamp the Studio 3 set.
AJ
AJ
Also, is there any information about the revamp for Lorraine's show. They would be under a lot of time pressure if they had only one weekend to revamp the Studio 3 set.

Not really. If they are having a new set for Lorraine, then it would likely have already been fabricated (or in the process of being fabricated). Then all they would need to do is strike it as normal.

If it's a lick of paint, then design teams have been known to complete this kind of thing in shorter time-scales than a weekend.
PCarter1998, neilly and HJL gave kudos
PC
PCarter1998
AJ posted:

Not really. If they are having a new set for Lorraine, then it would likely have already been fabricated (or in the process of being fabricated). Then all they would need to do is strike it as normal.

If it's a lick of paint, then design teams have been known to complete this kind of thing in shorter time-scales than a weekend.

Didn't that happen to lorraine before the 2012 relaunch ? The old set friday then the new on Monday?
NE
neilly
No, Lorraine along with Loose Women and Lunch with Gino and Mel were broadcast from Studio 2 during summer 2012, while Studio 3 was being revamped for Daybreak v2.
PC
PCarter1998
Is that why Lorraine said on the interview on this morning that she was getting the bigger studio?
CA
Cando
I don't know about any promos but they are trying to go for a 'soft launch'.

Well it worked so well for Daybreak 2.0.

After previous failures you can understand why they are trying to not create expectations.

They probably should have thought about that before poaching Susanna Reid Wink The expectations are already there thanks to that tabloid frenzy.
Though it would be very hard for the ratings to get any worse.
HJ
HJL
Cando posted:

To be honest there have been so many relaunches with different approaches to advertising that have failed, ITV have a choice, as previous experience shows its not the pre-launch matters that lead to the success of a format!
PC
PCarter1998
Cando posted:

To be honest there have been so many relaunches with different approaches to advertising that have failed, ITV have a choice, as previous experience shows its not the pre-launch matters that lead to the success of a format!

Agreed I wish ITV the Best of luck
TW
tweedledum
Cando posted:

There has only been 1 relaunch, not exactly lots is it?

I don't really think Lorraine needs a new set, it would be change for changes sake IMO. I think the theme and graphics could do with a refresh though, which I am sure they will do, as the current theme is like the Daybreak one, and that should coincide with some graphics.

Newer posts