TV Home Forum

Daybreak relaunch with Lorraine and Aled

From 6am Monday (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon

OK, so I did not know Sooty had been on Breakfast. That certainly doesn't make me a hypocrite, however.

I just think if Daybreak want to be taken more seriously and get more viewers then maybe Sooty and Sweep as guests is not the best idea.

I disagree, that kind of show will always need light moments.

It's a more credible interview than someone off TOWIE. Because with this kind of interview everyone knows it's a bit silly and the show is in on the joke, whereas if you interview the TOWIE cast it gives the impression TOWIE is considered credible and important to the target audience.
BR
Brekkie
Jon posted:
The Daybreak Twitter account has just tweeted to announce that Sooty and Sweep are on the show tomorrow, and they want to know what questions we want to ask them!!!

Well I was expecting you to say they'd been announced as the new presenter line up.

That's probably about the best option they have at the moment - it would be brilliant!
NE
neilly
Jon posted:

OK, so I did not know Sooty had been on Breakfast. That certainly doesn't make me a hypocrite, however.

I just think if Daybreak want to be taken more seriously and get more viewers then maybe Sooty and Sweep as guests is not the best idea.

I disagree, that kind of show will always need light moments.

It's a more credible interview than someone off TOWIE. Because with this kind of interview everyone knows it's a bit silly and the show is in on the joke, whereas if you interview the TOWIE cast it gives the impression TOWIE is considered credible and important to the target audience.

I agree Daybreak does need some light entertainment and tomorrow's interview is certainly more credible than any interview with TOWIE or any other z-list celebrity crap. I think Daybreak's problem goes much deeper than simply who presents the programme. Even if Eamonn Holmes had come on board there was no guarantee whatsoever another re-launch would improve ratings. The irony is that as Daybreak has reverted back to the 'GMTV' approach it has lost viewers. For example, this week Daybreak has only averaged 600,000 on a normal school week compared to Breakfast's 1.6 million. The gap has widened compared over the last year. However, Daybreak still achieves 5 minute peaks of around 1 - 1.2 million which is important for advertising revenue.

We can all agree that Daybreak does need to improve news and factual content by ditching the exclusives and sensationalist agenda. Although, it might be the case that no matter how many revamps take place ITV Breakfast will still suffer a fall in ratings as competition gets tougher and breakfast TV market declines.
DK
DanielK
That ugly break sting is back.
BA
bazinga

It's been back since Monday.
TW
tweedledum

It's been back since Monday.

I am sure I seen it last Friday aswell, althoughI might be wrong
:-(
A former member
Please, carry on, this is fascinating.
GM
gmb2014
Watching Daybreak on +1 down in England today, thought I was up an hour early. Bloody clock was wrong.
Stupidity will be the downfall of the human race.
VM
VMPhil
Watching Daybreak on +1 down in England today, thought I was up an hour early. Bloody clock was wrong.

It doesn't help that since the rebrand the +1 DOG is barely noticeable.
GM
gmb2014

It doesn't help that since the rebrand the +1 DOG is barely noticeable.

I miss STV. No problems with that, there isn't a +1 (I hope)
TW
tweedledum
On the old GMTV twitter someone seems to be putting tweets promoting programmes for uears ago. Has it been hacked or something?
VM
VMPhil
On the old GMTV twitter someone seems to be putting tweets promoting programmes for uears ago. Has it been hacked or something?

When Daybreak launched they simply changed the username of the Twitter account to @Daybreak, transferring all tweets and basically just renaming the account. In the run up to launch they used @ITVDaybreak which still exists in a 2010 timewarp.

When GMTV became available someone (judging by the tweets, someone from this forum) snapped it up and has used it as if it was being used in the 90s.

Newer posts