The Newsroom

BBC Midlands Today

(May 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
2N
2ndcitysuit
Terrible thud and clatter in the background on tonight's MT.

Thought it was the ghost of Suzanne.

14 days later

MW
Mike W
Titles were adjusted recently so now the final shot tracks the motion of the 'window' rather than being static, makes for a much more trim sequence!
CH
chris
Titles were adjusted recently so now the final shot tracks the motion of the 'window' rather than being static, makes for a much more trim sequence!

The images are still odd. The road sign, the bloke with the carpet and the little girl on the swing? The midlands has much more to offer.
MW
Mike W
chris posted:

The images are still odd. The road sign, the bloke with the carpet and the little girl on the swing? The midlands has much more to offer.

they are odd but now it doesn't look like a bad TVF mock! It's stereotypical regional telly harking back to people and places in 2002! (God those sequences were vile weren't they?! I think MT offered Spag Junction and some people pretending to be clubbing, NWT offered a fat bird and her mates walking through Liverpool and BBC London went monochromatic and made it look like the capital was still pre-Colour TV...)
WE
Westy2
Getting desparate for presenters tonight.

Malin & David Gregory Kumar(Wonder if he lives at Number 42? LOL)

Least Malin can present with a 'Good Doctor' rather than talk about one!

BBC WM has won a couple of Gillards apparantly, one for Goldie's show & the other one for the Olympic Torch coverage.
DV
dvboy
First time David Gregory-Kumar has presented since Pebble Mill (he was just David Gregory then)
MW
Mike W
Indeed, he's only done the odd 3:20 bulletin since!
Last edited by Mike W on 19 October 2012 12:15am
WE
Westy2
And Malin & DGK presenting again tonight, with Bob Hockenhull appearing in the studio to report on the breaking news of Andrew Mitchell Mp resigning as Tory Chief Whip.

By the way, is Katie Rowlett pregnant, as she looks a little plumper than recently?

(Would explain the recent engagement)
WE
Westy2
Just thought.

We havent seen Jackie Kabler since Malin went freelance, so I suppose Malin is first choice female freelancer?

Mike Collie hasnt presented for ages has he?
WE
Westy2
Oops spoke too soon re Jackie Kabler!
AP
aprilj

I quite like Jackie Kabler. She's seemed really friendly when I bumped into her outside BBC entrance at Mailbox. It was a couple of hours before a Sunday evening bulletin and she had just done her food shopping at Tesco.
WE
Westy2

I quite like Jackie Kabler. She's seemed really friendly when I bumped into her outside BBC entrance at Mailbox. It was a couple of hours before a Sunday evening bulletin and she had just done her food shopping at Tesco.

She gets around a bit doesn't she?

Newer posts