The Newsroom

BBC Countdown Fans .....

(February 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Will be interested in this item and the remixes within ....

New utility that breaks music down into its components

Hit 'n' Mix developer Martin Dawe shows how the software separates instruments from an audio file

A music technology firm in south-east London has developed a system for breaking music into its component parts.

more….

WWW.BBC.CO.UK/NEWS
20-Feb-2011 @ 13:36
WO
Worzel
Will be interested in this item and the remixes within ....

New utility that breaks music down into its components

Hit 'n' Mix developer Martin Dawe shows how the software separates instruments from an audio file

A music technology firm in south-east London has developed a system for breaking music into its component parts.

more….

WWW.BBC.CO.UK/NEWS
20-Feb-2011 @ 13:36

I've been doing this for months (if not years) but have never published the stuff as it could be classed as a breach of copyright. Sad So he's infact been beaten to it - I may put some of my work online - I did a remix of Peter Sissons bloopers (And now for the weather... sorry, we can't bring you the weather, back as you were here's the weather) as well as many others.
SR
SomeRandomStuff
Those remixes are horrible - but I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that software.
MW
Mike W
Those remixes are horrible - but I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that software.

Google Hit n Mix, it's a paid app.
HO
House
If anyone here gets hold on this software, please share your views on it here. Seems very interesting.
WH
whoiam989
Someone commented on Hit 'n' Mix's official demo on YouTube that "how does this compare to Prosoniq's sonicWORX? Does it sound as clean?" And another one has mentioned that "melodyne sounds a lot more artificial than this" ( http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?threaded=1&all_comments=1&v=BVxQp1QYdFo )

Arrow sonicWORX
Arrow Melodyne

So, between Hit 'n' Mix, sonicWORX and Melodyne, which is better? also, is there a completely freeware counterpart of them?

Newer posts