Mock Designs

S4C~ HD Ident

(June 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
seamus
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3351/s4chd7si.jpg

It would animate in a kladoscopic fashion, with the obligatory colour red.
AD
Adamskii
It's very harsh on the eye - and no-one's tv is that shape. (Unless someone's gotten an elephant to sit on it)
LE
Lee
I'm afraid one image and a couple of words isn't good enough. This forum has given you a good chance, and after several mocks you've still not taken in the basic pieces of advice people are giving you. No wonder they're finding it an effort to vote! The irony is this idea wouldn't be all that bad if you put the effort in and followed the advice given.

Half the time I feel like I want to take control and sort the mocks forum out!
SE
seamus
Well, my computer sucks, and I can't download gimp. I did not paste a background from a the internet, I made that myself. I'll try harder, but I just can't do good mocks b/c I don't have the resources. I wanted to make the s4c logo a differnt colour, but I know I would of been ridiculed for messing around with the logo.

EDIT: Most of the stuff I do I know is not that good, but I try to make it Good enought to get the concept across, and hope somebody can Improve on it.
BA
Bail Moderator
Lee posted:

Heaven help us if they put you in charge...
LE
Lee
Bail posted:
Lee posted:

Heaven help us if they put you in charge...

I think it would be quite fab. I'd ban everyone for a start, because you all get on my tits. But at least I haven't totally given up on this place! Well, yet.
PC
Paul Clark
I'm sure if this mock was animated on a large display, it would make people feel rather ill.

To be honest with you, I personally think it's quite poor; odd dimensions for your image, red-on-red clashes obscuring a jaggy logo, and above all a design I cannot see working on-screen.
NM
nate mate
JESUS

Don't touch S4C unless you're gonna do something good with it...just, go sit on the naughty step for, I dunno, eternity
DB
dbl
How is this HD?? I recommend you take a look at S4C's idents:
http://www.themocksfactory.co.uk/extra/s4c.htm

As for the mock, not good. If your planning on using paint on your next mock, I advise you not to. (It's becoming a bit tierd now.)
:-(
A former member
What is the best mock done in Paint that you have seen?
GM
nodnirG kraM
One that looks like this.

http://www.nodnirgkram.f2s.com/stuff/mymock.jpg

Face it Paint is not capable of producing anything worthwhile. Paint serves no purpose whatsoever other than a feature to come with Windows - the ability to edit images and photographs. Sounds great. Trouble is it hasn't had anything done to it since Windows 95 except maybe the inclusion of formats other than BMP.

There is no point whatsoever in making a "mock" in Paint. It will be terrible to look at and will only ever result in flaming.

Get a copy of better software as listed in Mr Tom Servo's sticky thread. If you can't *obtain* this software, don't mock. Simple as.
:-(
A former member
But what looks good to someone may not look good to someone else - cheer up people, its only a laugh - a - mock (laugh a minute lol)... ill get my coat Arrow

Newer posts